• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HARLEY QUINN Animated Series via DC Digital TV (2019?)
1 1

158 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2019 at 1:25 PM, Bosco685 said:

I am really assuming more than ever WB hired Deadpool's former marketing team after how it handled negative critic reviews with Joker (inserting them on posters) and now this email campaign to select critics with the entire season of Harley Quinn TAS.

dcu_harley.thumb.png.c0e3b24af109c5cad37fb2bf9dc77673.png

The messaging to early critic reviews definitely set the stage for the nuttiness we experience even now from this show. Glad they kept the show intent consistent.

:banana:

Edited by Bosco685

An animated Harley Quinn movie has been discussed, but it isn't happening just yet. Harley has long been a major player in the DC world, but only in recent years has she hit her stride within the pop culture sphere. In addition to her live-action cinematic antics, courtesy of Margot Robbie's portrayal, Harley has become the star of her own animated series, Harley Quinn. The show first premiered on DC Universe last year and became a hit with audiences and critics. It was renewed for a second season not long after the first ended.

While a third season seemed incredibly likely, it took a while for Harley Quinn to get another renewal. For a time, Harley Quinn's survival reportedly came down to budget concerns, and while the series had a panel at DC FanDome, there was no announcement. Luckily, however, things appear to have finally aligned behind the scenes, because Harley Quinn officially scored a season 3 order earlier this month. This time around, it'll debut exclusively on HBO Max. The news was met with relief from fans, especially because now they'll definitely see the fallout of season 2's wild finale.

Harley Quinn producers Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker recently sat down with Deadline to discuss the show's upcoming third season. At one point, the two were asked if they had ever been interested in developing an animated film for Harley, potentially in a similar manner to the beloved DC Animated Movie Universe. Schumacker replied that they're definitely interested, and while it isn't happening at the moment, they've actually discussed it:

"Yeah, we would love that. When we were waiting for a Season 3 pickup, we were kicking around ideas with the executives over at Warner Bros. Animation about that sort of thing, because we were like, “Well, we have stories to tell with these characters. We want to continue going with it, and if Season 3 can’t happen, maybe we can do something in the feature space, which is sort of independent of a network picking up the show or not.” So, that is something that has been on our [minds]. Right now, we’re not planning on it, but it is absolutely something that we would be interested very much in doing down the road."

On 9/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

this show is hilarious. i had no idea it was so dark and f*#ked up. def not for kids. i'm glad i checked it out.

it is a great show. i watch it with my 9 year old. he loves it. my wife hears stuff from the other room and she is like "what???????" I do think they're going to get in trouble (if they haven't already) for some of the ethnic jokes though. Her band of sidekicks are frigging perfect. I love Bane (not a sidekick, but regularly featured). It's kind of South Park in that it is just an endless stream of seemingly random insane stuff.

Edited by the blob

22 hours ago, the blob said:

it is a great show. i watch it with my 9 year old. he loves it. my wife hears stuff from the other room and she is like "what???????" I do think they're going to get in trouble (if they haven't already) for some of the ethnic jokes though. Her band of sidekicks are frigging perfect. I love Bane (not a sidekick, but regularly featured). It's kind of South Park in that it is just an endless stream of seemingly random insane stuff.

I love the show but will not let my 15 or 12 year old watch it with me.  Bane is awesome.  The voice actor is so good that I found a sanitized clip that I could safely show my son.

Safe for work clip below:

ComicBook.com's 2020 Golden Issue Awards now turns to recognize the excellent animated series that premiered on television and on streaming services this past year, and it looks like comedies dominated the discussion. While the final season of Netflix's She-Ra and the Princesses of Power was nominated, shows like Rick and Morty, Solar Opposites, Harley Quinn, and Star Trek: Lower Decks all had a chance to be recognized for their excellence. We're likely to see more of these shows in this category in next year's awards, but for now, there can only be one — and it was a pretty clearcut winner at the end of the day.

And the winner of the 2020 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Award for Best Animated TV Series is...

cb-winner-golden-issue-2020-animated-tv-series-1251740.thumb.jpeg.5b1d7c1e0a329d0b1ca62798ae5b5c7c.jpeg

Harley Quinn!

The HBO Max and DC Universe animated series featuring Kaley Cuoco as the lead character in her attempt to navigate the Gotham City criminal underworld AND a relationship with Lake Bell's Poison Ivy proved to be excellent in many aspects.

Back in September it was confirmed that the animated Harley Quinn series from DC Universe would jump over to WarnerMedia's HBO Max and had been renewed for a third season. In the time since then there's been few updates, but now co-showrunner Patrick Schumacker has taken to Twitter to confirm that work has no begun on the new episodes! In a series of tweets he wrote: "Today we started recording @dcharleyquinn season 3. @bader_diedrich was back as Batman! Jim Rash was back as Riddler! and @Chris_Meloni was back as Commissioner Gordon! We’re back!!! Huge thanks to @hbomax for picking us up. They have been phenomenal partners on this."

Schumacker showruns the series with fellow executive producer/writer Justin Halpern. The pair previously confirmed that even though the episode order for season three hasn't been disclosed puclicly, they're not doing two seasons back-to-back like they did with the first twenty episodes of the show. "We have to fill out the writing staff. Fortunately, quite a few of the writers that were with us for Seasons 1 and 2 are available still, possibly to their chagrin," Schumacker told ComicBook.com when the renewal was announced. "But we are going to be looking for new voices for this season because we will have holes to fill, and new points of view that we will be looking for specifically moving forward. I think that's the immediate step is solidifying who our staff is going to be moving forward."

:banana: