• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIN There, Done That
3 3

100 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

This is why I'm a lousy OA opportunist.  If I saw this for $1500, I would have no idea it was a good deal (or not) since I don't pay attention to the Sandman market.  So what's fmv on this?  Just curious.

Bachalo, A Doll's House, Nice big Morpheus panel....

It's at least double this.....probably more (almost certainly more). 

Given that a sketch of Morpheus inside a hardcover collection of "A Doll's House" will bring $300-400 easily, the original was pretty severely under-priced. 

10 hours ago, Reader said:

It’s not like you’re deceiving the seller with a story to get a discount. It’s for sale. Buy it. Sell for a profit and funnel the funds back into the hobby for something you love. 

I'm not a flipper. And I'm not sure I want to buy a page, just to flip it for more art. But, its too tempting to give away what I'm talking about. If it were about 1K less, I'd probably jump on it.

25 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I'm not a flipper. And I'm not sure I want to buy a page, just to flip it for more art. But, its too tempting to give away what I'm talking about. If it were about 1K less, I'd probably jump on it.

if its under-priced, its under priced. its either a great deal or not. if it were 1000 less, it would be super cheap by your standard.

37 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

PhilipB2k17

Are you familiar with the expression "fish or cut bait"?  It's now been 4 days since you posted about this eBay deal -- stop teasing it out-- either buy the lot or tell other folks about it so they (not me) can buy it if they want.

1 minute ago, Ironmandrd said:

PhilipB2k17

Are you familiar with the expression "fish or cut bait"?  It's now been 4 days since you posted about this eBay deal -- stop teasing it out-- either buy the lot or tell other folks about it so they (not me) can buy it if they want.

Or.. even though I sound like a broken record, it's not really a deal!  If it was a $100 page that was priced at $50, I can see people not bothering  to make 50 bucks after all the effort and selling fees.  But it sounds like this piece is priced in the thousands, implying that potential profit is at least a thousand (even before the 1K discount).  If it is in the right eBay category, with good scans and no typos in the title and description, then It's probably not a deal.

It's still possible that someone could buy it and make money if they find the "right buyer" but I really doubt that it is a no brainer Buy It Now like it is being described.

Malvin

3 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Bachalo, A Doll's House, Nice big Morpheus panel....

It's at least double this.....probably more (almost certainly more). 

Given that a sketch of Morpheus inside a hardcover collection of "A Doll's House" will bring $300-400 easily, the original was pretty severely under-priced. 

I'm thinking $4k-6k, probably the upper end. I know myself I would personally need to think abut 1 second to buy it at $4k. Very memorable scene.

2 minutes ago, NinjaSealed said:

I'm thinking $4k-6k, probably the upper end. I know myself I would personally need to think abut 1 second to buy it at $4k. Very memorable scene.

My original thought was at least triple the BIN. 

3 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

My original thought was at least triple the BIN. 

Listings like that still boggle my mind especially when it comes to higher desirability pieces. The seller obviously understood the piece has value, and literally a few minutes of googling  and you would realize it was worth far more. 

8 minutes ago, lobrac said:

I'm in LOVE!!!!!!!

How is it not already sold!?!?!

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Ok, so... you would be a flipper if it was cheaper.

Well, I'm intrigued. My closest guess is this Kelley Jones Sandman page for $5000 or best offer. Sandman is not in my wheelhouse but I am under the impression that pages by Jones go for a lot more than this. If that's true, 5K may be under market, but it's still too much for an average collector to snatch it up. 5K is also a lot of money to toy around with if you're going to risk the flip or hold mid-term for trade bait. I also thought this was going to get snatched up within 48 hours, but it's been up for a while. A reason why it's still sitting unsold, other than the price tag, might because there's no Morpheus on it. Maybe this is a $3500 piece?

Edited by Jay Olie Espy

1 hour ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Well, I'm intrigued. My closest guess is this Kelley Jones Sandman page for $5000 or best offer. Sandman is not in my wheelhouse but I am under the impression that pages by Jones go for a lot more than this. If that's true, 5K may be under market, but it's still too much for an average collector to snatch it up. 5K is also a lot of money to toy around with if you're going to risk the flip or hold mid-term for trade bait. I also thought this was going to get snatched up within 48 hours, but it's been up for a while. A reason why it's still sitting unsold, other than the price tag, might because there's no Morpheus on it. Maybe this is a $3500 piece?

This is my oversimplification of the sandman art market but, Morpheus sells. You nailed it. 

Edited by comix4fun

21 minutes ago, lobrac said:

Made on offer so he would more than double up but declined.

I don't know what is crazier, the initial steal of a deal, or the DB markup level.