• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I make a mistake

7 posts in this topic

I bought star wars # 1 

(1977) CGC Signature Series 9.0 Signed by Mark Hamill(Luke),Carrie Fisher(Leah),Anthony Daniels(C3PO)Peter Mayhew(Chewbacca).
I paid 2k in the hopes that it would catch fire and become a great investment. I plan on having Ian Mcdiarmid and Stan sign it. Do you think I over pay?
Bobby

?site=0&stg=1&mpt=1513750477110

Edited by Bobby Hull
Add and correct spelling

I think in the long term you did fine, regardless of the book's current value. However, I would NOT have Stan sign the book, nor Ian McDiarmid (doesn't appear until Jedi). I would consider adding David Prowse (Vader). Harrison Ford is also an auto-include, but likely not possible. Hopefully you love the franchise, because that's a cool book/sigs regardless of value.

Edited by Vorpal

What did you buy it for?

If you bought it as a keeper then you paid what you were comfortable paying for a very cool book and no you didn't over pay.

If you bought it for resale: The $2000 is the currently listed highest price in GPA. I think if you were to try to sell it $2000 is asking a lot. You might get it. (shrug)

1 hour ago, Vorpal said:

I think in the long term you did fine, regardless of the book's current value. However, I would NOT have Stan sign the book, nor Ian McDiarmid (doesn't appear until Jedi). I would consider adding David Prowse (Vader). Harrison Ford is also an auto-include, but likely not possible. Hopefully you love the franchise, because that's a cool book/sigs regardless of value.

I agree with this.

12 hours ago, Yorick said:

I concur with Vorpal as well.  DO NOT HAVE STAN SIGN IT (unless its on the back cover).

.............I would stick to the cast..... and it's an incredibly cool item. I'd be inclined to save it for my heirs. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu