• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Amazing Spider Man 1, CGC 4.5 Restored
2 2

77 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider Man 1, CGC 4.5 Restored. Off to off- white pages. Slight C-1 Restoration includes : small amount of color touch on cover, tear seals to cover. All three edges trimmed. Shipping is included in the price , asking $1900,  returns accepted,payment by paypal.

p1.jpg

p0.jpg

1 hour ago, ednodve3 said:

i still dont have references , sorry nobody wanna buy from new member even with paypal where both sides are protected if theres a problem.

Well, this guy lives in Bulgaria/Europe, says he bought this book for $1,800 last summer in new york on  a trip.  GPA says this book sold in September 2016 for well above that, so I have a bit of a hard time believing he got it from someone else for that price.  Is this a sign I should run for the hills, or if he sends me a new picture of the book showing he really has it in his possession and paypal security make the risk worth it??? :eek:

15 minutes ago, TC33 said:

Well, this guy lives in Bulgaria/Europe, says he bought this book for $1,800 last summer in new york on  a trip.  GPA says this book sold in September 2016 for well above that, so I have a bit of a hard time believing he got it from someone else for that price.  Is this a sign I should run for the hills, or if he sends me a new picture of the book showing he really has it in his possession and paypal security make the risk worth it??? :eek:

(tsk) if you have any doubt than you have your answer :whistle:

21 minutes ago, TC33 said:

If a person is unable or unwilling to provide references, then there is no way that I would buy from that person.

1 hour ago, TC33 said:

There was a scammer selling another book, an AF15 with a photoshopped label, also from Bulgaria recently. He got banned on Nov 28th. Now it may be a coincidence but....:whistle:

Yeah, I know its best to work with other collectors from the USA, sometimes Canada, maybe on occasion in the UK with references.  A great deal on a book I really wanted made it darn tempting though, but the more you sit and think about it, the more risky it sounds in this situation.  Funny enough, the only time I ever got completely 100% scammed (he never even intended to ship me the book) was the very beginning of ebay and it happened to be on another too good to be true price on an ASM 1 (with little to no references/feedback), maybe I should that that as a bad omen. doh! 

Note to seller, I can provide hundreds of references on both ebay and these boards over the last decade plus.   If you ship the book to me, I will immediately give you $2,500 via paypal friends and family (no fees!).  :)   You can't lose on that deal if this is legit!

Edited by TC33

1 minute ago, TC33 said:

Yeah, I know its best to work with other collectors from the USA, sometimes Canada, maybe on occasion in the UK with references.  A great deal on a book I really wanted made it darn tempting though, but the more you sit and think about it, the more risky it sounds in this situation.  Funny enough, the only time I ever got completely 100% scammed (he never even intended to ship me the book) was the very beginning of ebay and it happened to be on another too good to be true price on an ASM 1 (with little to no references/feedback), maybe I should that that as a bad omen. doh! 

As they say, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. Look at the facts, or the Main fact! Book is half the price, just four months later- It's BOGUS! 

2 hours ago, TC33 said:

Yeah, I know its best to work with other collectors from the USA, sometimes ALWAYS Canada, maybe on occasion in the UK with references.  A great deal on a book I really wanted made it darn tempting though, but the more you sit and think about it, the more risky it sounds in this situation.  Funny enough, the only time I ever got completely 100% scammed (he never even intended to ship me the book) was the very beginning of ebay and it happened to be on another too good to be true price on an ASM 1 (with little to no references/feedback), maybe I should that that as a bad omen. doh! 

Note to seller, I can provide hundreds of references on both ebay and these boards over the last decade plus.   If you ship the book to me, I will immediately give you $2,500 via paypal friends and family (no fees!).  :)   You can't lose on that deal if this is legit!

Corrected :)

1 hour ago, misterrmystery said:

The fact that he hasn't responded gives you your answer. Scam!

It should be simple to provide you with more pics.

He was trying to sell the HFH 1 last month and had the price very low then very high then low again. Says he owns a shop but doesn't sell comics usually. 

If you PayPal him, are you truly protected? I have never made a claim. Is it a pain to get your money back?

4 minutes ago, Gregd said:

It should be simple to provide you with more pics.

He was trying to sell the HFH 1 last month and had the price very low then very high then low again. Says he owns a shop but doesn't sell comics usually. 

If you PayPal him, are you truly protected? I have never made a claim. Is it a pain to get your money back?

As long as you pay for goods and services, you are covered. Using F&F you're not. I've used their protection plan before and they paid quickly.  

Several years ago, someone from Canada with 0 posts PM'd me and offered 4 CGC file copies at a great price.  I said sure.  Send me the books, then I'll send payment.  He sent them and I paid.  They were nice books. 

im not a scammer !!! everybody has a head on his shoulders ! i didnt force nobody to buy something !! and i dont want f&f   , about the offer ill think about  it , both seller and  buyer are protected when you send for goods and services , however i always prefer deals in person !!!

Edited by ednodve3

1 hour ago, ednodve3 said:

im not a scammer !!! everybody has a head on his shoulders ! i didnt force nobody to buy something !! and i dont want f&f   , about the offer ill think about  it , both seller and  buyer are protected when you send for goods and services , however i always prefer deals in person !!!

Post a pic of you holding the book with one thumb up..:P