• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I came across this site that sells comics...

25 posts in this topic

You can sell them your 'gems' at 30% of their prices and everybody profits

OK I couldn't resist going to page 2...

Hollywood Memorabilia:  Cap #195, ungraded (looks to be around a 9.0 from the one available photo), signed by Stan Lee -- $821.99 w/free shipping

eBay:  Cap #195, ungraded VF+, unsigned -- $7 obo + $3 shipping

Clearly, Stan's signature is worth approximately $811.99 in added value on a filler issue...

dtacoll has been listing a lot of nice golden age stuff on ebay that prompted me to check their "Items Sold" and sure enough it makes plenty of sales at what I thought were pretty high prices.

But this Hollywood Memorabilia guy you found can't be selling anything, and I am now forced to rethink what I regard as "high" prices.  Heh.

Try sorting by price highest first, 7.0 AF 15 300k and change...   Both this one, and the second highest priced Item I looked at a tec 37 8.5 looks to be swiped from ebay seller pristinecomics-pristineccg

Wonder if they are one and the same, or he's hoping someone will buy from his site then he'll purchase off eBay (shrug)

5 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Try sorting by price highest first, 7.0 AF 15 300k and change...   Both this one, and the second highest priced Item I looked at a tec 37 8.5 looks to be swiped from ebay seller pristinecomics-pristineccg

Wonder if they are one and the same, or he's hoping someone will buy from his site then he'll purchase off eBay (shrug)

The AF 15 is also the exact same book...  hm

Great comedy from their "Best Price Guarantee" too:

"Does not apply to auction sites such as eBay or Amazon.com, as these sites allow the sale of items from individuals rather than reputable companies."

In essence -- fair market value not welcome, 'cause we're a "reputable company". 

Edited by mattn792

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

I heard Beckett bought out voldy, maybe this is now a thing?

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It looks like just a signature verification. No grade. I was not aware Becket did this.

Well if you click on their comic grading link on the main page, it just goes to the other guys -- https://www.beckett.com/grading

As for that Iron Man 1, even the PGX folks would be justified in laughing at that...slab/Tupperware/saran wrap/Bed, Bath, & Beyond picture frame...