• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Comics #1 - Nosedive like this great cover?
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Hey GA Guru’s and especially Fox Fanatics what are your thoughts on the Wonder Comics #1 that hammered unimpressively tonight on ebay for a mere $31,979?? To be completely honest I didn’t even see the listing until 3 hrs prior to its end as it never populated in my saved searches probably due to the fact that it was listed as a Silver Age book so special thanks to Corey for letting me know so I could watch what I suspected would be fireworks but it came up a little short!!

Sad nosedive for such a great historical book which sold on Heritage in May 2014 for $68,712 then again last Nov 2016 $54,970 Now just a year later for under $32K? Possibly just a Savvy buy on the winners behalf because while i don’t swim in this end of the pool this seems like a book that went too cheap imo!! your thoughts?

27569191309_1a6d4e248e_b.jpg27569193469_c06eec4168_b.jpg

39316367342_296ab55865_b.jpg

57 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Want nose dive ? His FF 52 9.8 sold for 51.7K when last year they were selling for 90.

DANG bro!!!!!

I was told by a reliable source that the Wonder Comics #1 could have been a fraud listing!! I’m no detective but I couldn’t figure out why not take any of your own pics for a listing of this magnitude instead of just swiping Heritages from a year ago? Then again what I think is a lot of money may not be to others but if you are selling stuff for a deposit on a house as the listing stated  I would think that it matters to you. I’m not judging to each is own I just couldn’t help thinking if this was legit wouldn’t you pay a little closer attention to the details like making sure the item is on the correct category?

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

DANG bro!!!!!

I was told by a reliable source that the Wonder Comics #1 could have been a fraud listing!! I’m no detective but I couldn’t figure out why not take any of your own pics for a listing of this magnitude instead of just swiping Heritages from a year ago? Then again what I think is a lot of money may not be to others but if you are selling stuff for a deposit on a house as the listing stated  I would think that it matters to you. I’m not judging to each is own I just couldn’t help thinking if this was legit wouldn’t you pay a little closer attention to the details like making sure the item is on the correct category?

It is difficult for me to imagine that IF someone could afford to buy this book, that they would have trouble coming up with the deposit for a house.  Just my thoughts.   

14 minutes ago, Hudson said:

It is difficult for me to imagine that IF someone could afford to buy this book, that they would have trouble coming up with the deposit for a house.  Just my thoughts.   

If someone had this book and the half dozen other 5 and even 6 figure items they had for sale they would have no problem getting a substantial advance on these.  

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Want nose dive ? His FF 52 9.8 sold for 51.7K when last year they were selling for 90.

With all due respect..... that 9.8 was more of a 9.6 in a 9.8 holder...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Here's the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wonder-Comics-1-Fox-1939-CGC-NM-9-4-OW-W-Pages-/352237664957?hash=item5203003abd%3Ag%3AkFwAAOSw7z1aO1b2&nma=true&si=fzl8syYJm99fAuNCLmx8M4PiQfc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Seems very odd that a legit seller would sell through eBay at this time of year (in an auction timed to end at 1:41 AM Eastern!) rather than relist on Heritage.