• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terry’s California Comic Con 2018
8 8

251 posts in this topic

Sounds like the place will be packed with boardies. The lure of loads of comics and warm weather really brings them out. In the past I have seen Hap Hazard, Dr Love, innaflash, tricolorbrian, Bunky bros, Joey post, bitteroldman, Roy, (Vintagecomics), Greggy, Buttock, Junkdrawer, Oakman, Ciroc, and Sentaurman among others there. I have heard that there is a large contingent of east coast dealers making the trip as well. I will be lucky to make it this year at all. Work is real nuts this month. I have to hop a plane to Germany early the next morning. I will be set up next to Carbo against the wall with a very small set up. Swing by and say hi after you swarm the "big guys". 

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Sounds like the place will be packed with boardies. The lure of loads of comics and warm weather really brings them out. In the past I have seen Hap Hazard, Dr Love, innaflash, tricolorbrian, Bunky bros, Joey post, bitteroldman, Roy, (Vintagecomics), Greggy, Buttock, Junkdrawer, Oakman, Ciroc, and Sentaurman among others there. I have heard that there is a large contingent of east coast dealers making the trip as well. I will be lucky to make it this year at all. Work is real nuts this month. I have to hop a plane to Germany early the next morning. I will be set up next to Carbo against the wall with a very small set up. Swing by and say hi after you swarm the "big guys". 

I hear ya.  My schedule is:  work trip to SF, get back and go to LA for 24 hours for Terry's con, and then work trip to Germany/Bulgaria.  I hope you can make it though.  My first stop will be your booth.

Edited by n2wdw

21 minutes ago, n2wdw said:

I hear ya.  My schedule is:  work trip to SF, get back and go to LA for 24 hours for Terry's con, and then work trip to Germany/Bulgaria.  I hope you can make it though.  My first stop will be your booth.

I thought you couldn't make it...Cool, hope to see you there.  (thumbsu

I remember a few years ago that I was surprised to see that Terry was setting up at a local Wizard World show in Richmond..... he NEVER comes out this way and I was stoked. I spent the entire day at his booth. As an avid Atlas collector, Terry's booth cannot be missed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Last year there was a boardie meetup at El Torito right next door to the hotel, just walk across the parking lot. Had a lot of fun meeting boardies, chatting comics, and having a few too many margaritas. 

I would suggest the same since most people traveling in are staying at the hotel. 

14 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I remember a few years ago that I was surprised to see that Terry was setting up at a local Wizard World show in Richmond..... he NEVER comes out this way and I was stoked. I spent the entire day at his booth. As an avid Atlas collector, Terry's booth cannot be missed. GOD BLESS...

He also was set up a Derek's Philly show a couple years ago,got my Marine's in Battle 1 from him :smile:

On 1/3/2018 at 9:11 AM, BitterOldMan said:

I will be looking for the finest copy of JImmy Olsen 44.

52a9c7659abce8255f79f95a4d130336.jpg.8b0aae19a0ff4c22adff840d56e4b561.jpg

I’m not a fan of a lot of those covers in that title but 44 is a good one.

12195722-8564-4105-8627-C5162E897FF1.jpeg.09f930251ce1634934daabd46a5a2934.jpeg

Someone’s got a nice 9.4 out there....

4 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Last year there was a boardie meetup at El Torito right next door to the hotel, just walk across the parking lot. Had a lot of fun meeting boardies, chatting comics, and having a few too many margaritas. 

I would suggest the same since most people traveling in are staying at the hotel. 

Something like that would be cool. I am coming from Ohio and doing other business while there but if someone organizes it- post it here- would be worth doing I think. 

12 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Was a blast.:martini:

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Chile rellenos:x  lunch in Breckenridge yesterday 

43BB5BE2-F11B-4D5F-A3C7-61506B652952.jpeg

:takeit:

...those look like the real deal..... Ma used to make them with this whipped egg white batter..... my birthday dinner every year. GOD BLESS...

8 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

:takeit:

...those look like the real deal..... Ma used to make them with this whipped egg white batter..... my birthday dinner every year. GOD BLESS...

I am right there with you.  I absolutely love Chile rellenos.  I 100% judge a restaurant by their Chile rellenos.  If they can make those good, everything else should be good.

42 minutes ago, n2wdw said:

How about we meet at El Torito after the con and bang down margaritas in the bar area -- so no one has to try to organize a dinner or front any money? 

I trade your margarita for jack-and-coke_zpszrnrnnjp.jpg.35972c10abad563782227ed27c439bb5.jpg

or 1 of these lagunitas-heineken-hed-2015.jpg.e38f3ffccb560772fb8ec5016b79e6ec.jpg