• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terry’s California Comic Con 2018
8 8

251 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, n2wdw said:

Request to Terry's con veterans:  To help us 1st timers, what should we expect in terms of % of GA dealers, silver, modern, toys, graphic novels at this con?

For the drek (GGA, Matt Baker, teen humor, and GA Batman)  that I collect, I found the con to be a refreshing break from SDCC, NYCC, and Wizard Chicago.  I bought more stuff at Terry's Con than NYCC or Wizard Chicago last year.  I purchased a ton from Terry, since he brings his entire stock and his prices are reasonable.  I remember Carbo, Graham Crackers, A1 Comics, Harley, Southern California Comics, and others that I missed, plus our own super cool guy, Robot Man.  Plenty of big dealers will be present  at Terry's show.

I needed a vendor pass for Wizard Chicago for my friend, who, due to numerous injuries,  can't stand in line for long periods, so Terry provided him a free vendor pass.  Terry is truly a thoughtful guy.

I hope to drive down in less than two weeks.  Freeway 101 is closed due to mudslides.  Hopefully, Interstate 5 won't get snowed in. :wishluck:

Hope you meet you guys in person.

1 hour ago, BitterOldMan said:

For the drek (GGA, Matt Baker, teen humor, and GA Batman)  that I collect, I found the con to be a refreshing break from SDCC, NYCC, and Wizard Chicago.  I bought more stuff at Terry's Con than NYCC or Wizard Chicago last year.  I purchased a ton from Terry, since he brings his entire stock and his prices are reasonable.  I remember Carbo, Graham Crackers, A1 Comics, Harley, Southern California Comics, and others that I missed, plus our own super cool guy, Robot Man.  Plenty of big dealers will be present  at Terry's show.

I needed a vendor pass for Wizard Chicago for my friend, who, due to numerous injuries,  can't stand in line for long periods, so Terry provided him a free vendor pass.  Terry is truly a thoughtful guy.

I hope to drive down in less than two weeks.  Freeway 101 is closed due to mudslides.  Hopefully, Interstate 5 won't get snowed in. :wishluck:

Hope to see you there BitterOldMan my kid now has a volleyball comp so she cant drive down with me so its 50/50 if I go

22 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Thanks for the information!

6 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Anyone bringing GA books to sell or trade on Saturday during Terry's meetup? 3:30-6:30pm at the hotel.

Followed by drinks at El Torito at 7pm.

See ya'll there! 

I had ice chest with lagunitas-heineken-hed-2015.jpg.e13460f3c9613442d618a5e00e179ebe.jpgand a lot of golden age in my trunk at the con :taptaptap:

What are the odds that on Monday on Facebook there will be a viral post about some forgetful guy who got mixed up while getting ready to go to a comic convention and put his beer in a trunk and his comics in an ice chest.

5 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

What are the odds that on Monday on Facebook there will be a viral post about some forgetful guy who got mixed up while getting ready to go to a comic convention and put his beer in a trunk and his comics in an ice chest.

I'll take @woowoo and I'll give you 18 points. :)

Just now, Sqeggs said:
7 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I'll take @woowoo and I'll give you 18 points. :)

@woowoo - The Tom Brady of the GA forum.

On 1/22/2018 at 1:46 PM, shortboxed said:

Anyone bringing GA books to sell or trade on Saturday during Terry's meetup? 3:30-6:30pm at the hotel.

Followed by drinks at El Torito at 7pm.

See ya'll there! 

I have to work but will try to make it and bring some GA books with me Gene

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

(shrug)  On the way out of a convention doh!