• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not sure how many of you will know how to use this, but - Comics RSS Feed

22 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif

now if anyone wants an idea of how to use this feature go here

http://www.feedreader.com/

read up on it and now you can basically get the boards in a news format right on your computer without having to log on to the site.

Neil Gaiman, Stl Comics, PGX, Comic Book resources and a ton others have the same, it's really hand and the way of news in the future.

If anyone knows some XML sites that they use, even non-comic ones, post them so we can all update out reader.

Good stuff Arch, thanks thumbsup2.gif

I read about these in Computer Power Users mag...seems pretty cool thumbsup2.gif

Hey Arch, I can't get the CGC or NGC feeds to work. No topics are loading at all. I'm apparently not the only one either. I had a couple buddies test it for me and we're getting nothing.

I've been using the feedreader for a while now to get news from all over. I also have my own RSS feed as Brockley previously mentioned where we post comic news, reviews and interviews of all kinds. Stl Comics RSS Feed

I think both blogging and RSS/XML feeds are largely the way much news will be delivered in the future, and honestly anyone paying for a newspaper anymore is a sucker. Not only do all the big news sites use it, but many local newspapers do too.

CBR has a great page about RSS along with links to their feeds: http://www.comicbookresources.com/rss/

Some other feeds I read:

Classic Peanuts Comic Strips

Dilbert

Liberty Meadows

Movie Poop Shoot

Neil Gaiman's Journal

and go look at this site: ComicAlert.com - You can subscribe there for free to have batches of newspaper comics delivered. This is the only place I've found Stan Lee's Spider-Man daily so far. thumbsup2.gif

• Administrator

Stl, what reader are you using? Do you know if it's RSS 2.0 capable?

Note that the built in RSS feed seems to only show new threads, NOT replies.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ContentIslands/1_rss20.xml

RSS 2.0 is the standard. Last 20 articles, updates every 10 min.

Hmmm..it worked (in Firefox) the first time but now I don't get the auto-refresh, keep getting the same headers.

I have to right click on the CGC Live bookmark in my Firefox Bookmarks and choose "refresh" and then it works, I was hoping this would work automatically.....

The feed only updates every 10min.

I forgot about this :

sorry.gif

So once a thread starts, it shows up once on the feed and then never again ?

Aaaaaw..... frown.gif

Stl, what reader are you using? Do you know if it's RSS 2.0 capable?

I'm using Feedreader 2.7. It is RSS capable as my own feed is a 2.0, and its working fine. I suppose I can try updating to a newer version and see what happens. I think they are up to 2.9 now. Maybe there's a bug somewhere. I'll be back... grin.gif