• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] A little ROMANCE
1 1

55 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

First Romance #24 (Fawcett, 10/53).  Fine ish, ding/tear bottom left fc.  Inside covers lightly toned, LT-OW pages, as often with Harvey.  Supple and tight.  $25

Love the cover on this book, one of the semi-violent Harvey covers, or maybe the category called "not willing".  Always a buy for this kind of image.  Interior is great, too with stories by Andru and Powell.

FirstRomance24fb_zpsdrnvqdak.jpg        

CowboyLove29bb_zpsmlspgw85.jpg

FirstRomance24pg12_zpsv4tyxsyw.jpg         

FirstRomance24pg28_zpsat13rvtv.jpg

take it

3 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Love Tales #50 (Marvel, 1/52)  VG/F Supple and nice and tight (staples just slightly off the spine helps that), lots of shiny gloss ATLAS GLOBE  $125

GA Marvel romance are a buy these days - well, always for me.  I usually don't go for books in this shape, but the Everett stories, especially the signed ones, are a definite niche within the genre.  "When A WOMAN Fights Back!" features a great cat fight, including hair pulling and a classic Everett southpaw haymaker.  For this panel alone, worth buying.

Fantastic Hartley cover - Hartley alone is exploding in teen and his romance covers from this period are always interesting and worth buying.

9247%20LOVE%20TALES%2050%20Jan52%20p.1_z

LoveTales50_catfight_zpsllrxlc5s.jpg

Only Everett could make me pay more attention to the ruffles or the textile pattern than the action itself!!! I am always just tickled by his attention to the most minute details with clothing drapery. Cool frijoles!!!

Edited by comick1

Pictorial Romances #19 (St. John, 5/53)   F- diagonal crease top fc, wear on bottom of spine as usual with the squarebounds, staple in fc (what the what?  I didn't do it!), LT-OW around the page borders, cream otherwise and supple  $875  SOLD

Census at 7.5, two 6.5's, a 5.5 and then two more copies down from there.  This book has technical defects but as you can see presents much much better.  The only listed price movement in the last six years was the 7.5 at $2,151 in 2016.  The Giant 100 pages always go for a premium, as well they should.  The squarebounds are always challenging.

PictorialRomances19f_zpseglqtmug.jpg

PictorialRomances19b_zpsatwo76jn.jpg

PictorialRomances19int_zps8iy9qxle.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

Just now, Dr. Love said:

Pictorial Romances #19 (St. John, 5/53)   F- diagonal crease top fc, wear on bottom of spine as usual with the squarebounds, staple in fc (what the what?  I didn't do it!), LT-OW around the page borders, cream otherwise and supple  $875

Census at 7.5, two 6.5's, a 5.5 and then two more copies down from there.  This book has technical defects but as you can see presents much much better.  The only listed price movement in the last six years was the 7.5 at $2,151 in 2016.  The Giant 100 pages always go for a premium, as well they should.  The squarebounds are always challenging.

PictorialRomances19f_zpseglqtmug.jpg

PictorialRomances19b_zpsatwo76jn.jpg

PictorialRomances19int_zps8iy9qxle.jpg

take

Teen-Age Diary Secrets #4 (St. John, 9/49)  F/VF Crippen oversized LT-OW $1000  SOLD

One of the very early oversized issues from 1949.  The top edge looks great, which is very rare for these books.  Some outstanding Baker interior art, all in the enlarged format, so it's even that much more awesome.  Don't let the photocover or the Crippen LT scare you, they Crippen's were structurally pretty dang good, and the oversized are tough tough tough.

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04f_zpsswuroldy.jpg

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04b_zpsewxmi1zf.jpg

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04cert_zpsl3eyphvo.jp

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04int_zpsanwn76qb.jpg

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04int3_zpswzd9h1es.jp

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04int2_zpsihzc3pxq.jp

Edited by Dr. Love

Just now, Dr. Love said:

Teen-Age Diary Secrets #4 (St. John, 9/49)  F/VF Crippen oversized LT-OW $1000

One of the very early oversized issues from 1949.  The top edge looks great, which is very rare for these books.  Some outstanding Baker interior art, all in the enlarged format, so it's even that much more awesome.  Don't let the photocover or the Crippen LT scare you, they Crippen's were structurally pretty dang good, and the oversized are tough tough tough.

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04f_zpsswuroldy.jpg

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04b_zpsewxmi1zf.jpg

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04cert_zpsl3eyphvo.jp

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04int_zpsanwn76qb.jpg

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04int3_zpswzd9h1es.jp

TeenAgeDiarySecrets04int2_zpsihzc3pxq.jp

take

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

Enticing headline - sailors were her weakness....

So weird in  a kaleidoscope of different ways. :eyeroll:

Secret Hearts #7 (DC, 11/51-1/52) VG-  top spine wear, LT-OW, inside covers toned, light name stamp, bottom bc pieces out  $75

Another early DC, with a great blue matte cover.  This one is considered a classic, and always priced very strongly in Overstreet.

SecretHearts07f_zpsj5zvvvcn.jpg

SecretHearts07b_zpsvh9bgqqz.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

Secret Loves #1 (Bell, 11/49) VF/NM slight shadow only defect Canadian edition, eh?  $500  SOLD

The highest graded Quality copy of this issue is an 8.0 out of eight copies, which this book beats like a drum.  Nice white inside covers.  Quality romance in this shape is a buy.  I actually favor the Canadian reprints - they are impossible to find, and the paper stock for the covets is a little heavier, so it has a nice substantial feel and is much less inclined to tick on the spine. 

SecretLoves01f_zpsbxleyjya.jpg

SecretLoves01fb.pg_zps04bkgg7e.jpg

This interior page is downloaded from CB+.  My page is great, and doesn't have that small discolored square at the bottom.

SecretLoves01int_zpsvuu4gdi8.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

Secret Loves #1 (Bell, 11/49) VF/NM slight shadow only defect Canadian edition, eh?  $500

The highest graded Quality copy of this issue is an 8.0 out of eight copies, which this book beats like a drum.  Nice white inside covers.  Quality romance in this shape is a buy.  I actually favor the Canadian reprints - they are impossible to find, and the paper stock for the coverts is a little heavier, so it has a nice substantial feel and is much less inclined to tick on the spine. 

SecretLoves01f_zpsbxleyjya.jpg

SecretLoves01fb.pg_zps04bkgg7e.jpg

This interior page is downloaded from CB+.  My page is great, and doesn't have that small discolored square at the bottom.

SecretLoves01int_zpsvuu4gdi8.jpg

GAH!  so nice!  TAKE!