• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 10

178 posts in this topic

I just noticed something. ALL of the board members who told me to quit "whining" were ones who "nailed" the grade. But the others posting on this thread since the grade was announced has basically been saying the same thing that I have. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I sense a rift in the boards.

poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

I thought it was 9.0 at best..but went with 8.5...but it was not close to a 7.0.

Quit yer whining. poke2.gif

No rift....your continued whinning has caused even the casual poster like me to speak up about the excess pouting...time to move along.

And yes...even if your moderns are now 2 grades higher than you thought , they are still worthless!!!!! Just like everyone else's beloved 1,000s of moderns...how's that for not being able to move along?

I just noticed something. ALL of the board members who told me to quit "whining" were ones who "nailed" the grade. But the others posting on this thread since the grade was announced has basically been saying the same thing that I have. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought it was 9.0 at best..but went with 8.5...but it was not close to a 7.0.

No rift....your continued whinning has caused even the casual poster like me to speak up about the excess pouting...time to move along.

And yes...even if your moderns are now 2 grades higher than you thought , they are still worthless!!!!! Just like everyone else's beloved 1,000s of moderns...how's that for not being able to move along?

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that the book will get a 9.2 every time it's submitted....it's just a solid NM- IMO....no real big flaws, just some minor stuff to keep it out of 9.2...and too nice for a 9.0 in my books....sharp corners and edges, etc...

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. poke2.gif

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. poke2.gif

OMIGOD! 893whatthe.gif

Using the "Deathlok defense". He really has sunk to a new low. foreheadslap.gif

Not a defense. It's the truth. confused-smiley-013.gif But take it as you want.

I think he was critical of deathlok, not of you. Be patient, young Skywalker. Emotion will get the best of you if you do not keep it in check.

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that the book will get a 9.2 every time it's submitted....it's just a solid NM- IMO....no real big flaws, just some minor stuff to keep it out of 9.2...and too nice for a 9.0 in my books....sharp corners and edges, etc...

i see what you're saying...i found the book to be 'brown' , so i did not want to go above 9.0. i do not submit to cgc, haha, but it seems like they do not downgrade (much?) for loss of gloss/color/browning..i do...

.so anyway, i'm no expert on how cgc grades....

CGC is definetly easier on tanning, yellowing, transfer stains, foxing, fading, dirt and sun shadows than I would be - but the idea of this contest is to guess CGC's grade - not figure out what I would grade a given book. Even though I might personally have deducted a bit more for the tannish look of the Iron Man - no way would I have knocked it down to a 7.0

CGC is definetly easier on tanning, yellowing, transfer stains, foxing, fading, dirt and sun shadows than I would be - but the idea of this contest is to guess CGC's grade - not figure out what I would grade a given book. Even though I might personally have deducted a bit more for the tannish look of the Iron Man - no way would I have knocked it down to a 7.0

Yes, I realize that. But you have to take into account that I had absolutely NO idea that CGC didn't downgrade for things like that. I figured they would. I seriously graded it what I thought it would be if they took off for the business on the back cover. But alas, I found out that they don't really take off much for it. Ce la vie.

Yes, I realize that. But you have to take into account that I had absolutely NO idea that CGC didn't downgrade for things like that. I figured they would. I seriously graded it what I thought it would be if they took off for the business on the back cover. But alas, I found out that they don't really take off much for it. Ce la vie.

not for nothing, but do you realize that since the grade was posted for round 10, you've posted an ADDITIONAL 25 times in this thread?!?!?!? and you're still complaining/explaining about/why you graded that 9.2 book a 7.0................

could you give it a frikkin rest and move on to some other thread in pursuit of your obvious goal (meaningless) to overtake greggy's post count in 5-6 years.............

i give you credit on the lack of any Graemlin- only posts, but how many times/ways can you say the same thing?!?!?insane.gif

not for nothing, but do you realize that since the grade was posted for round 10, you've posted an ADDITIONAL 25 times in this thread?!?!?!? and you're still complaining/explaining about/why you graded that 9.2 book a 7.0................

could you give it a frikkin rest and move on to some other thread in pursuit of your obvious goal (meaningless) to overtake greggy's post count in 5-6 years.............

i give you credit on the lack of any Graemlin- only posts, but how many times/ways can you say the same thing?!?!?insane.gif

893blahblah.gif

poke2.gif

Hey, Kids. Kill this thread! We're on to round 12 already!

Waaaaa, post is only 4 days old. and I'm trying to push my pathatic post average of .9 per day. Seeing yours is 14 per day, I got a long way to go devil.gif