• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR 45 cooling off? FF 52 red hot?
4 4

132 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Gotta chill with the the jumbo font. Starting to feel like pumping...

It is a habit with cryptocurrencies posting style I picked up on reddit,twitter,facebook and other cryptoboards. Fast paced and loud.

Sometimes I forget this is a comic book messageboard. 

Going forward I will make the fonts smaller and slow it down.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

On 2/17/2018 at 1:01 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

It is a habit with cryptocurrencies posting style I picked up on reddit,twitter,facebook and other cryptoboards. Fast paced and loud.

So, all the pump and dump sites. lol

There's so much BS pump and dump out there sometimes I just wonder if there are any normal people out there anymore.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

The Black Panther movie will put FF#52 on the map.

Black Panther will beat  both Justice League and Batman vs.Superman at the box office. 

right about  that and its definitely a red hot book right now.... $810.00 for a 2.0 signed by Stan!! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-52-CGC-2-0-First-Appearance-Black-Panther-Signed-Stan-Lee-S-S/112810628909?epid=85482941&hash=item1a4409972d:g:vqoAAOSwQwZagMbc

5 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

Wow!

I honestly knew FF #52 was going to get hot again,but was taken by surprised that the Black Panther movie is becoming an event all over the world.

Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ Becomes Most-Tweeted Movie of 2018.

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/black-panther-twitter-record-2018-1202695436/

Black Panther” has become the most-tweeted about movie in the world this year.

Breaking the Twitter record for 2018, “Black Panther” has amassed more than five million tweets on the social platform revolving around the Marvel movie.

“Black Panther” is the top tweeted-about movie this year globally, with “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” coming in second place and “Maze Runner: The Death Cure” coming in third. In the United States, “Fifty Shades Freed” is also one of the top tweeted-about movies this year.

Becoming the most tweeted-about movie of 2018 is not the first record “Black Panther” has broken. The hotly anticipated film has also earned its title as Fandango’s quickest-selling first-quarter film in regards to ticket pre-sales, beating past juggernauts like “The Hunger Games” and “Beauty and the Beast.” The flick is also on track to become Fandango’s top pre-seller among all superhero films.

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Wow!

I honestly knew FF #52 was going to get hot again,but was taken by surprised that the Black Panther movie is becoming an event all over the world.

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/black-panther-twitter-record-2018-1202695436/

Breaking the Twitter record for 2018, “Black Panther” has amassed more than five million tweets on the social platform revolving around the Marvel movie.

“Black Panther” is the top tweeted-about movie this year globally, with “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” coming in second place and “Maze Runner: The Death Cure” coming in third. In the United States, “Fifty Shades Freed” is also one of the top tweeted-about movies this year.

Becoming the most tweeted-about movie of 2018 is not the first record “Black Panther” has broken. The hotly anticipated film has also earned its title as Fandango’s quickest-selling first-quarter film in regards to ticket pre-sales, beating past juggernauts like “The Hunger Games” and “Beauty and the Beast.” The flick is also on track to become Fandango’s top pre-seller among all superhero films.

This book has been all over television and other media, I'm sure many non comic collectors want a copy just to say they have one or before they are out of reach.  Only so many copies to go around.

4 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

This book has been all over television and other media, I'm sure many non comic collectors want a copy just to say they have one or before they are out of reach.  Only so many copies to go around.

I think this is amazing what is happening. The Black Panther was created in 1966 and here we are 52 years later. Jack Kirby would be proud know his creation was now getting noticed by mainstream. Stan Lee must be happy.

True visionaries. Jack Kirby and Stan Lee were the Lennon and McCartney of comics and were ahead of the game in the 1960s,

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Wow!

Not trying to take away from the cultural phenomenon that is Black Panther...

But "most Tweeted about film of 2018" is a weak metric...

when we're just 7 weeks into 2018.

For people still on the fence that FF#52 is not a better bet going forward than #FF 45 and BB#28 :grin:

The official numbers are in, and 'Black Panther' soared past the latest 'Star Wars' for a historic $242 million opening weekend,

http://www.businessinsider.com/black-panther-box-office-historic-242-million-beats-star-wars-2018-2

The official box office numbers are in and "Black Panther" had the second-best four-day opening weekend of all time with $242 million domestically.

That beats the opening by "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" ($241.5 million).

The official box office numbers are in, and "Black Panther" performed well beyond any industry projections.

The final numbers for the Presidents' Day holiday weekend came out Tuesday and the latest Marvel movie took in $242 million over the four days at the domestic box office

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

For people still on the fence that FF#52 is not a better bet going forward than #FF 45 and BB#28 :grin:

The official numbers are in, and 'Black Panther' soared past the latest 'Star Wars' for a historic $242 million opening weekend,

http://www.businessinsider.com/black-panther-box-office-historic-242-million-beats-star-wars-2018-2

The official box office numbers are in and "Black Panther" had the second-best four-day opening weekend of all time with $242 million domestically.

The official box office numbers are in, and "Black Panther" performed well beyond any industry projections.

The final numbers for the Presidents' Day holiday weekend came out Tuesday and the latest Marvel movie took in $242 million over the four days at the domestic box office

How many FF52's do you own? hm

9 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I hear you, but at this point it's priced in, right?

I have a 9.0 copy of #52 and would consider an upgrade, but now seems like the worst possible time to do that.

41 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

I think when the movie cools down so will FF52.  hm

Don't get me wrong.  I think Black Panther, as a character and as a marketable property, is now permanently "on the map" worldwide.  This movie is every bit the phenomenon it was hyped to be, and it will spawn a film franchise and amusement park rides and a whole string of collectible plastic cups at Arby's, I'm sure.  FF #52 will never be a bargain again.

That said, I do hope to eventually get a 9.4 copy for a price I can live with, and then find a buyer for my 9.0.  (thumbsu

On 2/22/2018 at 11:56 PM, peewee22 said:

Wow...just WOW!

I just don't see this FF52 slowing down.  This weekend should be another massive haul at the box office which means more exposure to millions more people.  More regular folks will come out of the wood work looking for a copy and serious collectors will be trying to upgrade or pick a copy they should have picked up long ago.  There will also be pressure on Fiege to talk about Black Panther 2.  I think we're seeing the forming of a new ceiling and we have no idea how high this will go.  

On 2/14/2018 at 1:35 PM, Callaway29 said:

I'm all for success based on merit and cultural celebrations, but something about the talk of a movie succeeding strictly because the race of its cast...feels...obviously wrong to me. Damn, I wish color just wasn't a part of the equation at all...regardless. THAT would be a cultural moment.

Color is a part of the equation because the movie had to be cast in mainly black actors to be true to the African storyline.  That is nearly unheard of in Hollywood.  Most movies can cast without a single Black, Latino or Asian actor and you rarely hear a peep.  Except for that Egyptian movie with Christian Bale that got destroyed in the press and at the box office for shockingly casting zero color for a movie based in Africa.  I believe the movie succeeded because it was cast with amazing actors, incredible music, awesome CGI and excellent writing and yes there will be some serious pride from a lot of people who are thrilled to have a Black hero.  The first in comics and first black super hero movie.  I call that a great combination of factors leading to overwhelming success.