• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigslist Fun....'sigh'
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Just offer him a stack of these at $50 a piece.  Everybody wins!

I check Craigslist occasionally, but usually find it's a waste of time. Most of the ads are people wanting to buy, and the selling ones are usually someone with junk books. This listing caught my attention, though:

https://reading.craigslist.org/zip/d/thousands-of-comic-books/6698586372.html

free comics, I figured most of it would be drek, but I figured all it would cost me was some gas and the time to take a look. Was a little wary, but I figured since they listed an address that it was likely the books would be at curbside. Sure enough, when I arrived, I saw a bunch of boxes outside. Most of the boxes were sealed cases, but there were also some long boxes. I saw the sealed boxes were Markosia graphic novels. I was then hoping the long boxes might be the "80's books" mentioned in the listing, but no, it was more Markosia graphic novels. If there were any 80's books, they were already gone, and the ad had only been posted a couple hours before I got there. I loaded my car with a few boxes of books. Now I just have to figure out what to do with them! There's still a lot more if anyone is in the Reading, PA area.

5 hours ago, Brother J said:

I check Craigslist occasionally, but usually find it's a waste of time. Most of the ads are people wanting to buy, and the selling ones are usually someone with junk books. This listing caught my attention, though:

https://reading.craigslist.org/zip/d/thousands-of-comic-books/6698586372.html

free comics, I figured most of it would be drek, but I figured all it would cost me was some gas and the time to take a look. Was a little wary, but I figured since they listed an address that it was likely the books would be at curbside. Sure enough, when I arrived, I saw a bunch of boxes outside. Most of the boxes were sealed cases, but there were also some long boxes. I saw the sealed boxes were Markosia graphic novels. I was then hoping the long boxes might be the "80's books" mentioned in the listing, but no, it was more Markosia graphic novels. If there were any 80's books, they were already gone, and the ad had only been posted a couple hours before I got there. I loaded my car with a few boxes of books. Now I just have to figure out what to do with them! There's still a lot more if anyone is in the Reading, PA area.

Some publishers will do anything for distribution outside of the usual Diamond channels.