• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

As of Day 46 (2/3), ROS now experiencing larger drop-off than last three modern Star Wars films.

- 63.8% below Force Awakens

- 23.2% below Rogue One

- 12.2% below The Last Jedi

SW_7.thumb.PNG.3063fb42438140b9c25f8673fcbcc8ce.PNG

Best-case, we see a re-release with deleted footage.

Why you ignoring Solo, yo?

17 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Why you ignoring Solo, yo?

I have Solo in the combined modern franchise worldwide chart. Including its critics and audience scores.

DC_MCU_BO200205c.thumb.PNG.bef83454b6aa35deafc1b85084620249.PNG

But as an anthology film focused on the origins of Solo, it wouldn't fit into the current modern franchise. Though some would argue Rogue One is an anthology story that exploded at the box office compared to Solo.

A2F0122B-4EB7-4A9E-B492-55A6844EB572.jpeg.91ba3d436e4058f0d67e8e8846b2d7a8.jpeg

Thats the best move. Star Wars works better for television imo. Storytellers can focus on new characters in smaller scenarios ie The Mandolorian. As Luke says in Episode VIII, “It’s time for the Jedi to die.”

Besides we all know it’s the MCU that’s truly captured the imagination of the world.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

A2F0122B-4EB7-4A9E-B492-55A6844EB572.jpeg.91ba3d436e4058f0d67e8e8846b2d7a8.jpeg

Thats the best move. Star Wars works better for television imo. Storytellers can focus on new characters in smaller scenarios ie The Mandolorian. As Luke says in Episode VIII, “It’s time for the Jedi to die.”

Besides we all know it’s the MCU that’s truly captured the imagination of the world.

That movie is so bad that we can't even quote it correctly. "It's time for the Jedi to end." :D

The MCU sucks now, bro. Franchise entertainment is dead. Lets get some originality up in our movie theaters again.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I have Solo in the combined modern franchise worldwide chart. Including its critics and audience scores.

DC_MCU_BO200205c.thumb.PNG.bef83454b6aa35deafc1b85084620249.PNG

But as an anthology film focused on the origins of Solo, it wouldn't fit into the current modern franchise. Though some would argue Rogue One is an anthology story that exploded at the box office compared to Solo.

Understood. I just think it's odd to include Rogue One and not Solo.

They're co-equal one-off "Star Wars Stories" - to include one and not the other is putting your thumb on the scale - and (for instance) making the box office take of ROS seem worse than it is in terms of the true average of the five new films.

6 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Understood. I just think it's odd to include Rogue One and not Solo.

They're co-equal one-off "Star Wars Stories" - to include one and not the other is putting your thumb on the scale - and (for instance) making the box office take of ROS seem worse than it is in terms of the true average of the five new films.

:ohnoez:

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That movie is so bad that we can't even quote it correctly. "It's time for the Jedi to end." :D

Be careful declaring a Star Wars movie "bad" because we can't quote it correctly.  Vader never says "Luke, I am your father" in Empire. :foryou:

10 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Where investment and returns are involved, you are never going to get art, just cash grabs based on stupidity

"No one ever lost money..."

P.T. Barnum was Disney before Disney was Disney. :grin:

Edited by valiantman

8 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Where investment and returns are involved, you are never going to get art, just cash grabs based on stupidity

It's not as concrete as this statement would like to convey. It's all about intent and artistic freedom.

From my perspective, the live-action Disney remakes lack art, and are just money-grabs.

Something like Infinity War+Endgame was massively "invested" into, and the directors were given tons of artistic freedom, and the ROI shows that. They (Marvel Studios) intended on giving us something special. They invested into the artists of the Russo Bros and all of the character actors they built upon. The "investment" paid off because of the intent of the studio (and lack of interference for $$$$$ sake - like giving the Bros a 3 hour run-time despite less theater availability).

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Typos.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's not as concrete as this statement would like to convey. It's all about intent and artistic freedom.

From my perspective, the live-action Disney remakes lack art, and are just money-grabs.

Something like Infinity War+Endgame was massively "invested" into, and the directors were given tons of artistic freedom, and the ROI shows that. They (Marvel Studios) intended on giving us something special. They invested into the artists of the Russo Bros and all of the character actors they built upon. The "investment" paid of because of the intent of the studio (and lack of interference for $$$$$ sake - like giving the Bros a 3 hour runtime despite less theater availability).

Wrong, the premise was money, it's always money. Little films done for the sake of making them are few and far between. Sure, the entire industry is a business, but my point stands. Most films these days are being produced for the monetary impact, not much else.

If you wanted to make a better comparison, I would have used Lord of the Rings. That movie became an epic, not just for recreation storytelling, but being a bloated whale that had investors questioning their sanity.

1 minute ago, IkewithMike said:

Wrong, the premise was money, it's always money. Little films done for the sake of making them are few and far between. Sure, the entire industry is a business, but my point stands. Most films these days are being produced for the monetary impact, not much else.

If you wanted to make a better comparison, I would have used Lord of the Rings. That movie became an epic, not just for recreation storytelling, but being a bloated whale that had investors questioning their sanity.

Nah. If it was all money - Endgame wouldn't have been a 3-hour movie.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Nah. If it was all money - Endgame wouldn't have been a 3-hour movie.

lol I still think if they went with the original content, there is no way that movie could not have been less than 3 hours