• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2020 at 9:42 PM, mattn792 said:

Enjoy your measuring contest (thumbsu

On 2/1/2020 at 9:51 PM, valiantman said:

Thanks! For your sake, I hope the 7.92 in your username refers to inches and not centimeters.

I'm sure this fine exchange was all about @mattn792's pocket ruler and not something else when someone's pride is in a fluster. Quality!

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Stop fighting, you jabronis.

Hey, I would drop it. He's the one that makes it more personal as a debating technique. And then plays the 'I revealed your weakness to the world' game. Always a fun time with those debates.

:insane:

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Ah yes, your dozen mentions of my Ph.D., which I mentioned once, because you need to mention it a dozen times when it's not under your skin.

:whistle:

That's what set you off, declaring looking back to admire your PhD. Seriously? Your ego that soft?

Seriously, I said that in a joke as well... once.  You have mentioned my "Ph.D." or "diploma" dozens of times since (and also mentioned your own "black belt" (zero boards broken)) as many times (without including any joking emojis), and I'm the one with a soft ego.

Gotcha.  I guess I'll just keep crying into the paper hung on the wall while you continue not having one and not breaking any boards, Miyagi.

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Seriously, I said that in a joke as well... once.  You have mentioned my "Ph.D." or "diploma" dozens of times since (and also mentioned your own "black belt" (zero boards broken)) as many times (without including any joking emojis), and I'm the one with a soft ego.

Gotcha.  I guess I'll just keep crying into the paper hung on the wall while you continue not having one and not breaking any boards, Miyagi.

xD 

The good thing is I get the same pay, same great life and enjoy the same fun without any worries about "Hope someone gives me recognition over this paper here" to enhance a discussion. And you don't even know my education and accomplishments, other than Six Sigma certification. But hey - Google is my friend with stats. Right?

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

To be fair, he did hope for Matt's best. Seems like a nice guy to me. :bigsmile:

I could have responded to his made up decimal point that I hope the eBay return window for that "PhD" is still open, but that would have been rude.

...and I could have pointed out you can find my dissertation on the MIT website, but that would be bragging because I didn't earn it there.  I won an award for it there. lol

Now, I'll await the inevitable comments that "just mentioning that I have an award for my dissertation on the MIT website is a worse crime than most criminals serving a life sentence" or something like that.

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

...and I could have pointed out you can find my dissertation on the MIT website, but that would be bragging because I didn't earn it there.  I won an award for it there. lol

Now, I'll await the inevitable comments that "just mentioning that I have an award for my dissertation on the MIT website is a worse crime than most criminals serving a life sentence" or something like that.

source.gif

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

source.gif

Yep, at no point during the big blowup over the weekend did I go there.  Now that it's over... it doesn't seem so mean. :foryou:

holdingback.jpg.1dbb41eeaed4a6f9b4db1ea21851263b.jpg

12 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I could have responded to his made up decimal point that I hope the eBay return window for that "PhD" is still open, but that would have been rude.

But is yours from the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee??

AJAC-Pocket-Ruler-Front-store.thumb.jpg.b31f41c733361755712e5618a3a10c02.jpg

I bet not! :sumo: