• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

You seem obsessed 

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Wow. Just playing around, dude. :eyeroll:

Again, I happen to like TLJ... 

I also think that ROTS is the strongest of the prequels and is actually quite enjoyable. 

Your obsession with the concept of Mary Sue's, constant ranting and raving about your hatred of fictional characters, attacking of those that disagree with your opinion on a Star Wars movie, and other comments in this particular thread have become what could be considered borderline obsession and something to which you might seriously want to look into and figure out why a Star Wars movie seems to frustrate you so. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Just now, mattn792 said:

On a lighter note, Starz counterprogrammed TBS’ showing of TLJ with Hot Shots and Spaceballs.  :banana:

Never really appreciated Hot Shots...

Now Spaceballs?  Mel Brooks is a genius and a national treasure. 

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Never really appreciated Hot Shots...

Now Spaceballs?  Mel Brooks is a genius and a national treasure. 

There are a couple scenes in Hot Shots where I can literally laugh myself to tears.  Lloyd Bridges is the real star in that movie.

If only History of the World was on next...

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You seem obsessed 

I also think that ROTS is the strongest of the prequels and is actually quite enjoyable. 

Your obsession with the concept of Mary Sue's, constant ranting and raving about your hatred of fictional characters, attacking of those that disagree with your opinion on a Star Wars movie, and other comments in this particular thread have become what could be considered borderline obsession and something to which you might seriously want to look into and figure out why a Star Wars movie seems to frustrate you so. 

I’m with you 50% - I really enjoyed ROTS and is easily the best prequel in my opinion - Darth Maul was the best part of TPM for me and seeing multiple Jedi fight at once ( as well as Anakin’s descent , finally seeing the Clones and Jango / Fett ) was pretty cool to see IMO 

I’ve still only seen TLJ once and it was in two 1/2 sittings  , I’ve yet to watch ROS yet but have seen SOLO and thought it was mediocre ....but loved the ending 

14 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You seem obsessed 

No, I would think you're just taking this way too seriously, as Matt now seems to have.

Mary Sues are a thing. Just because they're used and referenced does not make one obsessed. I'm also not attacking anyone. When or where did I make a post about a person instead of the movies?

FTR: I hate TLJ - not "fictional characters". I hate Rian Johnson - a real person - for creating a POS movie that wasted my hard-earned time and money. Do you not relate?

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Clarified to avoid confrontation.

8 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I’m with you 50% - I really enjoyed ROTS and is easily the best prequel in my opinion - Darth Maul was the best part of TPM for me and seeing multiple Jedi fight at once ( as well as Anakin’s descent , finally seeing the Clones and Jango / Fett ) was pretty cool to see IMO 

I’ve still only seen TLJ once and it was in two 1/2 sittings  , I’ve yet to watch ROS yet but have seen SOLO and thought it was mediocre ....but loved the ending 

It's Darth Maul for you, it sounds...

Yeah he was a wicked character...and not to ruin ROS for you, if they are resurrecting characters, why not bring Darth Maul back in the movie. I mean I understand they resurrected him in clone wars, but his character was pretty wicked and short lived in the movies...for me at least

52 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

No, I would think you're just taking this way too seriously, as Matt now seems to have.

Mary Sues are a thing. Just because they're used and referenced does not make one obsessed. I'm also not attacking anyone. When or where did I make a post about a person instead of the movies?

FTR: I hate TLJ - not "fictional characters". I hate Rian Johnson - a real person - for creating a POS movie that wasted my hard-earned time and money. Do you not relate?

lol - Right, everyone else is taking it too seriously.  This, is coming from a guy that if you mention anything to do with Star Wars has to bring up his hatred of a movie and the director for making it.   So, no, I cannot relate and I cannot imagine that something like that qualifies someone to be "hated."

Hence, my comment regarding your outlook on so many things stand. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

lol - Right, everyone else is taking it too seriously.  This, is coming from a guy that if you mention anything to do with Star Wars has to bring up his hatred of a movie and the director for making it.   So, no, I cannot relate and I cannot imagine that something like that qualifies someone to be "hated."

Hence, my comment regarding your outlook on so many things stand. 

I'm not a robot, man. I do have emotions. TLJ and/or Rian Johnson elicit pure hatred for disrespecting a franchise that I've loved since I was, like, 5 years old.

You could say that I'm "obsessed" with the Justice League Snyder Cut, if we're gonna talk about legit obsessions.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not a robot, man. I do have emotions. TLJ and/or Rian Johnson elicit pure hatred for disrespecting a franchise that I've loved since I was, like, 5 years old.

You could say that I'm "obsessed" with the Justice League Snyder Cut, if we're gonna talk about legit obsessions.

There are people to talk to about this you know. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

There are people to talk to about this you know. 

No matter how much I "vent" about TLJ - it ain't going away anytime soon. It's only been about 2-1/2 years. Plus, it handicapped TROS. So its effect has stacked, like in the board game Checkers.

There's no psychological method of fixing. Only time can heal the pain. A lot of time. Or, maybe, memory-affecting drugs. We'll see.

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

No matter how much I "vent" about TLJ - it ain't going away anytime soon. It's only been about 2-1/2 years. Plus, it handicapped TROS. So its effect has stacked, like in the board game Checkers.

There's no psychological method of fixing. Only time can heal the pain. A lot of time. Or, maybe, memory-affecting drugs. We'll see.

With Star Wars Day thankfully behind us, I maintain my usual argument that there's really one Star Wars Trilogy, and everything else in my opinion has been really expensive fan service movies. Haven't seen Solo yet. IMO the only Star Wars spinoff I've seen that isn't fan service and kind of exists for itself is The Mandalorian.

23 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I hope you can work it out.

TLJ > TFA :baiting:Enjoy your breakfast. 

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

With Star Wars Day thankfully behind us, I maintain my usual argument that there's really one Star Wars Trilogy, and everything else in my opinion has been really expensive fan service movies. Haven't seen Solo yet. IMO the only Star Wars spinoff I've seen that isn't fan service and kind of exists for itself is The Mandalorian.

You know... I have to admit.  Solo actually got better with a repeated viewing.   I was initially wrong.  I never said I didn't like it, but upon it's release, I think I said something like it was 'ok'.  After seeing Rebels and now the last few episodes of Clone Wars, I have to admit that it is a fun movie.   It's no Rogue One, which I adored, but Solo got a little better with age. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You know... I have to admit.  Solo actually got better with a repeated viewing.   I was initially wrong.  I never said I didn't like it, but upon it's release, I think I said something like it was 'ok'.  After seeing Rebels and now the last few episodes of Clone Wars, I have to admit that it is a fun movie.   It's no Rogue One, which I adored, but Solo got a little better with age. 

Rogue One is fantastic 

Monday was May 4th AKA Star Wars Day, and it looks like Mark Hamill is celebrating all month for the third year in a row. The actor likes to take each day of the month and turn it into another Star Wars pun or saying. Yesterday was the 9th, so the actor decided to pay tribute to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker which is also known as Episode outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed In the actor's post, he confirmed once again that the movie marked his final time playing Luke Skywalker.

“May The 9th Be A Bittersweet Episode- Knowing It Was The Last Time I Would Ever Play Luke #ByeByeSkywalker,” Hamill wrote.

While speaking with the Associated Press last year, Hamill did reveal that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker would likely his final appearance in Star Wars.

"I sure hope so," he replied with a laugh, before revealing why he wants to be done with Star Wars. "Well, because…I had closure in [The Last Jedi]. The fact that I’m involved in any capacity is only because of that peculiar aspect of the Star Wars mythology where if you’re a Jedi, you get to come back and make a curtain call as a Force ghost."