• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justin Hammer / Peter Cushing
1 1

75 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Ah yes, House of the Long Shadows. The only film which had all four surviving horror stars together. I enjoyed the film even though Desi Arnaz Jr was pretty wooden in his role. I actually have that same UK Quad poster framed at home.

Come on then CF, tell us how you came to be under the spell of Mr Cushing. Was it Hammer or Shtar Vaws? 

3 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

Before Star Wars, this is what Cushing was best known for.tumblr_oowcr1cpUS1v85sfao1_500.gif

What a pair them two were. We'll not see their like again....

4 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Come on then CF, tell us how you came to be under the spell of Mr Cushing. Was it Hammer or Shtar Vaws? 

It was a Hammer connection - I caught The Evil of Frankenstein with Cushing on TV when I was seven years old and have been a fan ever since. 

Here is a pic of my first biography which was devoted to Peter Cushing. Another comic book connection as my friend, comic book artist Neil Vokes, did all the chapter intro illustrations.

51v-yoYg3LL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

It was a Hammer connection - I caught The Evil of Frankenstein with Cushing on TV when I was seven years old and have been a fan ever since. 

Here is a pic of my first biography which was devoted to Peter Cushing. Another comic book connection as my friend, comic book artist Neil Vokes, did all the chapter intro illustrations.

51v-yoYg3LL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

You did that? 

2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

You did that? 

Yes, that was my first biography that I got published in 2004. My second biography was on Donald Pleasence (pic below). I have a bio on actor Ralph Bates (another Hammer actor) coming out this year and I'm halfway done with a bio on German actor Anton Diffring who did a lot of war and thriller films.

51gFwOtElSL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just now, Cushing Fan said:

Yes, that was my first biography that I got published in 2004. My second biography was on Donald Pleasence (pic below). I have a bio on actor Ralph Bates (another Hammer actor) coming out this year and I'm halfway done with a bio on German actor Anton Diffring who did a lot of war and thriller films.

51gFwOtElSL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Brilliant! You have excellent taste Christopher! I always liked Donald too - I felt sorry for his hard of sight Blythe in the great escape, performing his match routine to try and fool James Garner

5a6a484bc1e4b_giphy(4).gif.79a059d936c1cd238fd3bc90f122d978.gif

I will have to look out for your Cushing bio. What a cool thing (worship)

2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Brilliant! You have excellent taste Christopher! I always liked Donald too - I felt sorry for his hard of sight Blythe in the great escape, performing his match routine to try and fool James Garner

5a6a484bc1e4b_giphy(4).gif.79a059d936c1cd238fd3bc90f122d978.gif

I will have to look out for your Cushing bio. What a cool thing (worship)

Thanks! Pleasence was another of my favorite actors - an outstanding character actor who gave some really great performances in many films - The Great Escape being one (Pleasence was a real POW held by the Germans in WWII), You Only Live Twice, and of course Halloween being a few.

7 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Thanks! Pleasence was another of my favorite actors - an outstanding character actor who gave some really great performances in many films - The Great Escape being one (Pleasence was a real POW held by the Germans in WWII), You Only Live Twice, and of course Halloween being a few.

He doesn't look particularly 'pleasant' on the cover of your bio does he! 

I imagine you could create a great journal on here about these gentlemen. I'd follow it. The wife and I are off to Whitstable next week. I'll post a picture of the Peter Cushing pub when I get back (thumbsu

6 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

He doesn't look particularly 'pleasant' on the cover of your bio does he! 

I imagine you could create a great journal on here about these gentlemen. I'd follow it. The wife and I are off to Whitstable next week. I'll post a picture of the Peter Cushing pub when I get back (thumbsu

Enjoy Whitstable! Yes, Cushing often frequented the Tudor Tea Rooms pub and there is a photo of him above his regular table. Cushing was also an accomplished artist and had three booklets published of sketches he did of the patrons at Tudor Tea Rooms.

1 hour ago, Cushing Fan said:

Circus of Horrors :cloud9: 

3 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Cushing and Lee were a great duo. Here they are in an Argentinian comic book adaptation of Horror Express.

s-l1600 (15).jpg

Ah, Horror Express. One of my all time favorites with Telly Savalis too! (thumbsu

IMG_5294.JPG

IMG_5295.JPG

9 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

One of my favorites as well - I provided a Peter Cushing audio interview for this Blu-ray release.

81Kwfp8SeaL._SX342_.jpg

Did you actually interview Peter Cushing? That's very cool! Or am I misunderstanding?