• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justin Hammer / Peter Cushing
1 1

75 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Cushing Fan said:

Unfortunately I never got to interview Cushing. I had a rare 1970s interview Cushing did on audio which I provided for the DVD.

Ah well, still cool to provide the interview for the DVD. Re: Horror Express. What I like about it is it blends a nice mixture of horror, Sci-Fi and action in one movie. Plus when you got Lee and Cushing together in one film you were always in for a treat!

3 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

That is the gorgeous Yvonne Romain. Here she is in Curse of the Werewolf. 

ce7f44454b813d556f36bb94a43180be (1).jpg

Mmmm, I love Hammer Cheesecake!

1 hour ago, Cushing Fan said:

A great underrated horror film and besides Cushing you also get a cranky John Carradine. My favorite poster art for this film comes from Italy.

shock-waves-italian-movie-poster.jpg

Since you posted an Italian poster, I can finally boast about one of my favorites. How boss is this? Cushy gettin' the Mummy Chokeslam!

IMG_3191.thumb.JPG.c1f61c711d4b7d9c57facdc35b993879.JPG

Got this from Italy maybe 10 or so years ago on eBay. It's a monster (no pun intended), not quite subway-size but close. Came folded up in an envelope with a million stamps all over it, somehow still made it okay. 

5 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

I imagine you could create a great journal on here about these gentlemen. I'd follow it. The wife and I are off to Whitstable next week. I'll post a picture of the Peter Cushing pub when I get back (thumbsu

I forgot to mention that I do run both a Peter Cushing and a Donald Pleasence fan group on Facebook. Here is the link for my Peter Cushing group with over 9,000 fellow Peter Cushing fans :-)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/petercushingassociation

9 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Mmmm, I love Hammer Cheesecake!

Since you posted an Italian poster, I can finally boast about one of my favorites. How boss is this? Cushy gettin' the Mummy Chokeslam!

IMG_3191.thumb.JPG.c1f61c711d4b7d9c57facdc35b993879.JPG

Got this from Italy maybe 10 or so years ago on eBay. It's a monster (no pun intended), not quite subway-size but close. Came folded up in an envelope with a million stamps all over it, somehow still made it okay. 

That is a gorgeous poster for The Mummy (excellent film as well). I find that the foreign poster art is usually superior to the U.S. or U.K. versions. For smaller posters easy to frame with great artwork try checking out Belgian posters.

51 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Looking good at the London Comic Fair today :headbang:

cush.thumb.jpg.194a600eff98433fb15e5514d5ffd428.jpg

Excellent! I have a published article about Peter Cushing's designed silk scarves in that Celebration of Peter Cushing book (I just listed a Cushing designed scarf for the Queen's Coronation on eBay), and the Peter Cushing Scrapbook uses some photos from my personal collection.

5 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Excellent! I have a published article about Peter Cushing's designed silk scarves in that Celebration of Peter Cushing book (I just listed a Cushing designed scarf for the Queen's Coronation on eBay), and the Peter Cushing Scrapbook uses some photos from my personal collection.

I'm starting to think that the title 'Cushing Fan' doesn't do you justice Christopher! :bigsmile:

3 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Lol! And my collection is much smaller than what it used to be years ago...

It's a relief to get it down to just one warehouse isn't it :cloud9:

5 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

It's a relief to get it down to just one warehouse isn't it :cloud9:

Very true. That thinking let me rationalize letting some things go. I just didn't have the room to display everything and if I don't take it out to look over every now and then, what's the point? So now I just keep my favorite items with just a little buying and selling on the side.

18 minutes ago, tv horror said:

John Bolton did some nice drawings of Peter in the Halls of horror magazine also the infamous Skywald Scream no 6 cover, plus I loved the play on words Justin Hammer!  

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/scream-6/4000-97266/

hm

Just. In. Hammer.

Would you believe me if I said the word play had only just dawned on me? :blush:

Cool cover, by the way:

64269-11075-97266-1-scream.jpg.327ba4144808ef7e5b1262922b156a91.jpg

I wrote to Peter back in the late 70's telling him how much I had admired his acting, such a nice man, he enclosed a signed card which I still treasure.  I'm also a great Cushing fan and of his other great performance Sherlock Holmes and was lucky enough to have viewed the now wiped BBC series, although there is still a few episodes left to enjoy. Like Christopher I also found my love of horror films led to me researching and eventually publishing articles on my hobby, I've written for House / Halls of horror, Epi-log magazine and of course the most Famous of them all Famous monsters. Unfortunately nothing on Hammer as I'm drawn to TV horror (get it?) more. 

5 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I wrote to Peter back in the late 70's telling him how much I had admired his acting, such a nice man, he enclosed a signed card which I still treasure.  I'm also a great Cushing fan and of his other great performance Sherlock Holmes and was lucky enough to have viewed the now wiped BBC series, although there is still a few episodes left to enjoy. Like Christopher I also found my love of horror films led to me researching and eventually publishing articles on my hobby, I've written for House / Halls of horror, Epi-log magazine and of course the most Famous of them all Famous monsters. Unfortunately nothing on Hammer as I'm drawn to TV horror (get it?) more. 

Coolio Iglesias! Post us something you've done TVH :headbang:

hammerhouseofhorrorcushing.jpg.2f60e4718e83630dce4f6360bd2f899d.jpg

I'm useless at computers I have a pet monkey who even writes these for me and you're asking for photos! Seriously I can't post photos my nephew wants me to go on Youtube and he will film me with my collection which is a 13'x12' room filled floor to ceiling with books, comics, toys and magazines never mind my autograph collection: Karloff, Lugosi, Chaney jr, Price, Lee, Gray, Rathbone the list goes on. I'm such a technophobe I don't even use any of the platforms such as Facebook Twitter or Instragram maybe that's why I'm so happy or is that insane Maw ha ha.     

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

John Bolton did some nice drawings of Peter in the Halls of horror magazine also the infamous Skywald Scream no 6 cover, plus I loved the play on words Justin Hammer!  

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/scream-6/4000-97266/

I love that Scream issue 6 cover - image based on the Baron from Frankenstein Created Woman. Halls of Hammer was a great mag as well.

6 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I'm useless at computers I have a pet monkey who even writes these for me and you're asking for photos! Seriously I can't post photos my nephew wants me to go on Youtube and he will film me with my collection which is a 13'x12' room filled floor to ceiling with books, comics, toys and magazines never mind my autograph collection: Karloff, Lugosi, Chaney jr, Price, Lee, Gray, Rathbone the list goes on. I'm such a technophobe I don't even use any of the platforms such as Facebook Twitter or Instragram maybe that's why I'm so happy or is that insane Maw ha ha.     

You're not alone. I'm not on anything but this board! And most days I don't know why I'm on here! Social media wasn't made for the antisocial, and as I often say, I like to be where others are not :wink:

43 minutes ago, tv horror said:

What did you think of the Hammer House of Horror TV series? The one with Peter Cushing and a very young Brian Cox entitled The Silent Scream was fantastic in my opinion.

Just now, Cushing Fan said:

What did you think of the Hammer House of Horror TV series? The one with Peter Cushing and a very young Brian Cox entitled The Silent Scream was fantastic in my opinion.

I know you didn't ask me, but the theme was fantastic and and I liked the one where the girl dressed up as a Queen and killed her suitors. And the one where the parents staged weird things in their house and the kids killed them at the end. 

Before Peter Cushing became famous working for Hammer, he did a lot of acting for the BBC and during this time he supplemented his income by designing silk scarves - here is one he created in 1952 for the Queen's Coronation showing Queen Elizabeth II, the parade route, and the entire Royal lineage.

IMG_20180203_122333.jpg

Edited by Cushing Fan