• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Artist's Choice Sale

43 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Hi, all:

I've been talking to Spencer about answering your questions regarding his sale, David Finch artwork, and other topics raised here.  Spencer has asked me to post his straight-forward responses as follows

Thanks for posting the feedback.  I didn't realize our comments would be sent to/address by Spencer. 

The new website is great news!

Not sure that he mentioned it, but will he only be selling art that he physically has in hand, going forward?

Wow, thanks JJJ11 and Spencer! That was above and beyond! Like I said, I've dealt with Spencer for a long time, I don't take the long wait times (or even the failure to respond) personally, I always just chalked it up to being part of the experience, and honestly, if I miss out on a piece, that's just less money I'm spending. No big deal to me. But I'm excited to hear about the upcoming changes!

8 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Thanks for posting the feedback.  I didn't realize our comments would be sent to/address by Spencer. 

The new website is great news!

Not sure that he mentioned it, but will he only be selling art that he physically has in hand, going forward?

Some artists insist on keeping their work close by their side or even in (gulp) storage units so this will continue for a few folks.

16 hours ago, Hal Turner said:

Appreciate the update, Rick2you2. Did he give you any time frame for what "running behind" might mean?

No. 

I was really tempted to write something snarky, but the guy is doing to the best he can at a part-time job.

No word here either, but again, it's always taken a month or more in the past, so no surprises, and no worries. He gets to it when he gets to it, I don't really care.

50 minutes ago, ignimbrite said:

I realize this is an old thread but I did want to revisit as they still have a link to a page offering commissions from June Brigman. Any news on this website update?

http://www.theartistschoice.com/brigmanrichardson.htm

I last spoke with Spencer a few weeks ago and at that time he indicated he planned to have a sale again this year but that the website update was still a long way off and he was very ill with virus.

Patience is advised. He can take a while but he always gets there.

13 hours ago, Kohei said:

I last spoke with Spencer a few weeks ago and at that time he indicated he planned to have a sale again this year but that the website update was still a long way off and he was very ill with virus.

Patience is advised. He can take a while but he always gets there.

As I would rather not bother someone who is sick I wanted to check, is he answering emails at the moment or is he on a hiatus?