• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Artist's Choice Sale

43 posts in this topic

HI, All:

Just wanted to let you know that The Artist's Choice sale is now live here: http://www.theartistschoice.com/

Spencer apologizes for the delay in getting the sale up and running as he has been very ill for the past two months and wanted me to pass along this information to those interested.

Additionally, he has removed in excess of 1,000 previously sold pages from the website, which will hopefully alleviate some of the frustration folks have experienced in the past.

Good luck to all placing an order, and happy collecting (thumbsu

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

HI, All:

Just wanted to let you know that The Artist's Choice sale is now live here: http://www.theartistschoice.com/

Spencer apologizes for the delay in getting the sale up and running as he has been very ill for the past two months and wanted me to pass along this information to those interested.

Additionally, he has removed in excess of 1,000 previously sold pages from the website, which will hopefully alleviate some of the frustration folks have experienced in the past.

Good luck to all placing an order, and happy collecting (thumbsu

Any Bagley Venom pages coming?  : )

Sorry to hear that Spencer's been sick. We've had some similar battles in my house for the last month.

I'm pleased he pulled all those sold pages. I'm interested in some of Dale Eaglesham's work, so I was happy to see the "sale" notice by his name...only to discover no discount being given. Ah, well.

12 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Wasn't he representing Joe Quesada? Is Joe no longer selling his art?

His artists stable seems to have shrunk. 

I was waiting for the site to update before asking about some Andrea Di Vito pages and he's no longer listed. His page still turns up on Google, but it hasn't been updated since 2016. Oh well.

21 minutes ago, Deputy said:

How long does it generally take for The Artist's Choice to respond?

Weeks or months, usually. And I'm not kidding.

2 minutes ago, Klevelandk said:

i've sent spencer two emails, one last night, one this morning and got nearly immediate responses to both 

I sent one yesterday mid-day and no response so far.

I think it also depends on if he needs to fish out art, check with artists, ect....

3 hours ago, Klevelandk said:

i've sent spencer two emails, one last night, one this morning and got nearly immediate responses to both 

That's nearly unprecedented. Congrats! In several years of buying from him, I don't think I ever got an answer in under a week.

16 hours ago, F For Fake said:

That's nearly unprecedented. Congrats! In several years of buying from him, I don't think I ever got an answer in under a week.

Ditto.  Hearing that gives me complex. :ohnoez: I feel like he prioritizes collectors/friends over people he doesn't know. (which may not be the case)

Its typically taken 2 weeks to get a reply during the sale.  He'd only reply on Sunday, so if I didn't hear by Sunday night I'd know that its another week of waiting. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Ditto.  Hearing that gives me complex. :ohnoez: I feel like he prioritizes collectors/friends over people he doesn't know. (which may not be the case)

Its typically taken 2 weeks to get a reply during the sale.  He'd only reply on Sunday, so if I didn't hear by Sunday night I'd know that its another week of waiting. :facepalm:

Yup, my experience exactly! I sent in an email yesterday for the heck of it, will be interested to see when I hear back. I've ordered something pretty much every year for many years now, but last year I didn't even get an answer back at all.