• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Poor Man's Suspense 3

55 posts in this topic

Let's face it, most in demand GA covers feature similar scenarios, especially when they're drawn by Alex Schomburg (but by no means only him). The difference being that Suspense 3 was first, although certain pulp covers would've been an influence.

All that's required apart from a damsel in a flimsy dress in bondage in a pit of some kind (or a glass tube) being rescued in the nick of time by the hero from snakes, fire, swords, axes, hypodermic needles (usually wielded by mad scientists or dwarfs) etc. is the presence of hooded Nazis or secret society goons and perhaps some other indistinct weirdos and the obligatory executioner added for local colour. Hitler with an oversized green head optional, of course.

And voila, the poor man's Suspense 3. :p

Don't get me wrong, I love all that stuff. I definitely want every single variation of that theme ever printed in the GA, including that icon book. 

Edited by goldust40

On 2/6/2018 at 12:31 AM, N e r V said:

I believe Richard is looking for a Suspense #3 in the lower mid range grades at which point I can’t wait to see his sales threads to pay off that bill... lol

Should be EPIC...

(Edit: wow. Last sale at Heritage for a 0.5 a year ago was over 5k)

I might do the thread ahead of time just to be loaded and ready :idea:

There was a 4.0 Voldy that sold in the low 20's about a year ago. I should've jumped on that one. 

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I might do the thread ahead of time just to be loaded and ready :idea:

There was a 4.0 Voldy that sold in the low 20's about a year ago. I should've jumped on that one. 

There was a “other guy” 4.0 that sold on Heritage in November 2016 for 15k. 3 months later a CGC 0.5 sold for 5k. 3 months after that the Mile High sold at 262k. 

Not sure what the 2018 Guide prices will look like but I think you have to double Guide prices from 2017 at least on this book in most grades.

FYI, it’s a great book and if I wished anyone to get a copy on the boards here you’d be top of the list. Hope one turns up for you. :wishluck:

Edited by N e r V

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

OK, I just saw something that made me decide this topic should be dropped. 

Nobody wants a Suspense 3 (tsk)

Overpriced overrated book. Don't even think about it anymore.

Yeah, junk everyone should move on lol

Edited by comicjack

3 hours ago, comicjack said:
9 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

OK, I just saw something that made me decide this topic should be dropped. 

Nobody wants a Suspense 3 (tsk)

Overpriced overrated book. Don't even think about it anymore.

Yeah, junk everyone should move on lol

..... yeah.....if I fell into one , I would sell it IMMEDIATELY ..........

..... And use the money as a down payment for an even nicer one :ohnoez: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu