• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

You know a thread is just about done when the music videos start popping up.

That and the man love...., :luhv: 

2 hours ago, tv horror said:
7 hours ago, lizards2 said:

With olive oil?

What would Popeye say?images.jpg.933d05a2d05e6e92f076e32104ed8dc3.jpg

That her name is Olive Oyl? (shrug)

• Administrator
On 3/5/2018 at 6:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This all sounds pretty lame probably, but I still don't know what function the leader board serves.

It's on "ok" feature, in my opinion. It would be better if it weren't called a leaderboard and/or didn't count up like for each person.

It's the "scoring" of people I think that causes people to game the system. I think it's more valuable when it shows you posts that were liked alot than when it counts up liker for each poster. That helps you discover great posts that you missed because it was inside a thread you weren't reading.

2 minutes ago, Architecht said:

It's on "ok" feature, in my opinion. It would be better if it weren't called a leaderboard and/or didn't count up like for each person.

It's the "scoring" of people I think that causes people to game the system. I think it's more valuable when it shows you posts that were liked alot than when it counts up liker for each poster. That helps you discover great posts that you missed because it was inside a thread you weren't reading.

"people love it when you lose, they love dirty laundry" :foryou: Don Henley

I tease of course, I can see it as a function, and I agree with your opinion on the "post" liking. 

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

"people love it when you lose, they love dirty laundry" :foryou: Don Henley

I tease of course, I can see it as a function, and I agree with your opinion on the "post" liking. 

It's not really an opinion, it's fact. When people are voted for to keep someone else out of a higher spot, it just shows how silly the whole thing is.

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

It's not really an opinion, it's fact. When people are voted for to keep someone else out of a higher spot, it just shows how silly the whole thing is.

:/