• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's weird. I don't hang out in the water cooler or journals. Mostly just the comics section is where I spend most of my days, to learn. When you look at the leader board, it is full of people that I hardly see post. Perhaps there is an area of the boards that I haven't discovered lol

This all sounds pretty lame probably, but I still don't know what function the leader board serves. If there are cgc awards for most likes, when is that? The like/reputation didn't reset after a year. There isn't any "purpose" for likes other than it is tallied. Oh and sometimes I can't thank people I think deserve it, yet people who hardly post can be at the top of the leader board. 

I don't feel I'm at the top of anything, I'm just relaying that there are a lot to the boards that is still a mystery to me :):foryou:

:taptaptap: 

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

The leader is certainly manipulated lol

Maybe if I was a total n00b that kind of thing would influence me :insane:

lol I agree. But when arch brought it up that's when I chose to speak up :)...... it was being promoted as beneficial and that might not be the truth. If the leader board is already rigged then why should we have a limit on likes and such was the point that I was trying to make, which was lost in translation...

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

:taptaptap: 

I get it lol

I don't know how to quote from pages back on my phone, but you generate quality posts. Greggy is all well and good too. Arch isn't speaking up for me, but I just was responding to the like limit conversation. I got thrown under the bus haha

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I agree. But when arch brought it up that's when I chose to speak up :)...... it was being promoted as beneficial and that might not be the truth. If the leader board is already rigged then why should we have a limit on likes and such was the point that I was trying to make, which was lost in translation...

I'd love to know how it's beneficial. I would never follow someones posts just because they're on top of the leader board lol

4 minutes ago, joeypost said:

When will you be creating your next "Like my posts" thread? I'll vote for you.

I'd vote for him too, especially if it were like the TV show Survivor lol

And isn't that exactly the sort of response you'd expect from someone who engages in such small minded behavior...?

"You must have low self-esteem if you acknowledge my petty behavior." Note the attempt to diminish, using the words "mean" and "worried" and "upset" to give an emotional, juvenile connotation to it. No, it's just calling it for what it is: petty, small minded behavior.

"The petty man is not ashamed of being unkind, nor is he afraid of being unjust." - I Ching.

"It is not the great acts that make men evil, but the petty ones." 

36 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Really @lizards2 Gahhh why did you start this whacky thread :boo:all it did was touch me in a special way, now I need a shower :ph34r:

Actually, I was up at a normal time for my time zone, liquored up, and no one...., no one, was on these boards to play with me..., it totally sucked.  Glad to see it stimulated so many to post for so long.  Your all still a bunch of wussies.  Except for @Mystafo  and @porcupine48 ...,

3 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
3 hours ago, DR.X said:

I just saw what looked like a giant hedge hog run past my back window.

wasn't me.

I'm pretty sure it was.  :eyeroll:

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Actually, I was up at a normal time for my time zone, liquored up, and no one...., no one, was on these boards to play with me..., it totally sucked.  Glad to see it stimulated so many to post for so long.  Your all still a bunch of wussies.  Except for @Mystafo  and @porcupine48 ...,

Yet 'm an azzhat,eh squid butts? lol 

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Yet 'm an azzhat,eh squid butts? lol 

They are terms of endearment, tentacle tits/taints.

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'm pretty sure it was.  :eyeroll:

:ph34r:

True confessions....,?? 

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:
5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

True confessions....,?? 

giphy.gif

Why do you always have to bring up these tragedies?  :p