• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I just noticed I went over 25K posts. Do I get a prize? A special title? A box of Mars Attacks cards? A bar of Soylent Green? Am I master of the universe? I'm happy as pigeon poop on a pump handle.  :whee:

You get to pick from one of the following

a heated kidney shaped pool, 
a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
a king-size Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
real simulated Indian jewelry,
a Gucci shoetree,
a year's supply of antibiotics,
a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
Rosemary's baby,
a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
a new Matador, a new mastodon, 
a Maverick, a Mustang, a Montego, 
a Merc Montclair, a Mark IV, a meteor, 
a Mercedes, an MG, or a Malibu, 
a Mort Moriarty, a Maserati, a Mac truck,
a Mazda, a new Monza, or a moped, 
a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
a Las Vegas wedding, 
a Mexican divorce, 
a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
or a baby's arm holding an apple

1 minute ago, Jerkfro said:

You get to pick from one of the following

a heated kidney shaped pool, 
a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
a king-size Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
real simulated Indian jewelry,
a Gucci shoetree,
a year's supply of antibiotics,
a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
Rosemary's baby,
a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
a new Matador, a new mastodon, 
a Maverick, a Mustang, a Montego, 
a Merc Montclair, a Mark IV, a meteor, 
a Mercedes, an MG, or a Malibu, 
a Mort Moriarty, a Maserati, a Mac truck,
a Mazda, a new Monza, or a moped, 
a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
a Las Vegas wedding, 
a Mexican divorce, 
a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
or a baby's arm holding an apple

Can I think about this for a few minutes? Wow

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

Can I think about this for a few minutes? Wow

You need to think about it? When there's a signed photo of Randy Mantooth on offer? 

3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

You need to think about it? When there's a signed photo of Randy Mantooth on offer? 

It was close but it did not include a die cast model of the Emergency Pick up vehicle.

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

It was close but it did not include a die cast model of the Emergency Pick up vehicle.

Oh, right. It's the Maverick then all day long.

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

There's no cuddly toy option on the prize list, but, nonetheless, with that post count alone, didn't he do well? 

6 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

There's no cuddly toy option on the prize list, but, nonetheless, with that post count alone, didn't he do well? 

Give us a twirl!

On 08/03/2018 at 5:33 PM, Architecht said:

It's on "ok" feature, in my opinion. It would be better if it weren't called a leaderboard and/or didn't count up like for each person.

It's the "scoring" of people I think that causes people to game the system. I think it's more valuable when it shows you posts that were liked alot than when it counts up liker for each poster. That helps you discover great posts that you missed because it was inside a thread you weren't reading.

Hello Architecht!

One of the problems with the BleederLord in respect of promoting those great posts as you call them is that the 'Popular Content' element of it - the part that shows the great posts ( see below) - seems to roll over on a monthly basis. So as soon as the calendar month is up after it was registered, any like falls away and the post drops down until it disappears. Have I got that right? If so, the great posts will only have a short shelf life and this to me kind of invalidates one of the few positives you've often extolled about the whole function, i.e. the retaining of quality posts for later generations to admire.

5aafd4c9bde89_lb19_03_182.thumb.PNG.ac862b31eac0e8228ef790b5ab01d7a8.PNG

The part of the BleederLord that promotes the individual by adding up or 'scoring' their likes has lots of tabs, elements and permutations. One aspect I don't understand is why the number of likes a person receives doesn't translate into the 'Past Leaders' tab details. If you look at it today...

5aafd4cd704da_lb19_03_18.thumb.PNG.c5a12add4fb715fd6017badcda57aa0f.PNG

...you'll see that I have managed an impressive third place two days running owing to a 16 and a 13 point like accumulation. What I don't get is that I have received 86 likes since the 17th, mostly due to a ridiculously popular Charlton thread (have you read it yet? It's got Gorgo, Konga and Reptilicus in it) and yet my two day tally is only 29. How does that work?

Assuming it doesn't, if the part that you aren't keen on (the bit above that scores people ) doesn't even work, and the part that you do like  (the bit that promotes great posts) runs off every month, thereby not leaving any great post legacy, then why not switch the whole damn thing off and give greggy back the 16 hours a day he spends liking his wife (come on, that wedding announcement post was a good send up wasn't it?)? :)

Leader board is a dufus concept. It does not have to do so much with great posts (I don't even pretend to know what that means on a comics chat board) as it does with a sort of buddy system. Don't like somebody? Post a :baiting:about the member. You get lots of likes. Not exactly great posts category. An example, I enjoy the humor posts by DR.X. On likes alone, he should be the leader. Nothing phases DR.X. Straight shooter. Don't like him? too bad. Like him? Too bad. But, his humor is unmatched. So, why is he not a leader? Another example, jaybucks, mild mannered Rumple of the Baley. Hard to find fault with his straightforward posts and help with a lot of things...tech, legal, play on words, etc. So why is he not a leader?

I get it, but I don't get it.

Edited by Mr.Mcknowitall
IMHO removed so Marwood can like me.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Leader board is a dufus concept, IMHO. It does not have to do so much with great posts (I don't even pretend to know what that means on a comics chat board) as it does with a sort of buddy system. Don't like somebody? Post a :baiting:about the member. You get lots of likes. Not exactly great posts category. An example, I enjoy the humor posts by DR.X. On likes alone, he should be the leader. Nothing phases DR.X. Straight shooter. Don't like him? too bad. Like him? Too bad. But, his humor is unmatched. So, why is he not a leader? Another example, jaybucks, mild mannered Rumple of the Baley. Hard to find fault with his straightforward posts and help with a lot of things...tech, legal, play on words, etc. So why is he not a leader?

Maybe because you are a jerk :baiting: 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Leader board is a dufus concept, IMHO. It does not have to do so much with great posts (I don't even pretend to know what that means on a comics chat board) as it does with a sort of buddy system. Don't like somebody? Post a :baiting:about the member. You get lots of likes. Not exactly great posts category. An example, I enjoy the humor posts by DR.X. On likes alone, he should be the leader. Nothing phases DR.X. Straight shooter. Don't like him? too bad. Like him? Too bad. But, his humor is unmatched. So, why is he not a leader? Another example, jaybucks, mild mannered Rumple of the Baley. Hard to find fault with his straightforward posts and help with a lot of things...tech, legal, play on words, etc. So why is he not a leader?

You had me until the 'IMHO' bit... :taptaptap:

Edited by Get Marwood & I
BDsC

14 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Calm down Brucie!

18 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Maybe because you are a jerk :baiting: 

lol That is another thing. There should be equality...a Dislike Leader Board. I would then be in the running...change that...I would win the category hands down, every darn day probably, and be the Leader in something for the first time in my life.

Breaking news everyone!

Arch has listened, and he has acted.

Here is the new LeaderBoard*, which will remain in perpetuity:

lb.thumb.PNG.c91ebac1ea138176d4947eca05a41309.PNG

*(Just in case anyone thought I really did give a monkeys about this)