• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Why would you need a limit of how much stuff you like? It's survival of the fittest...

I don't keep track of how many likes I've used, nor is there a warning or countdown to use likes sparingly...

Nothing worse than someone giving me feedback and I go to thank, laugh, cry or like and I end up having to quote anyway...

The reasons have been covered a few times, but regardless, I upped the limit again.

1 minute ago, Architecht said:

The reasons have been covered a few times, but regardless, I upped the limit again.

I hear you architect, and I only posted because I've stopped checking the Leaderboard. There isn't a "fix" for it, I know the reasons and believe they're valid (thumbsu

BUT GREGGY lol and it no longer is functional to determine "reputation" imo..... I don't know why there isn't a countdown of when you'll run out of likes and etc. I don't even know when my 24 hour period starts.... if I have them I'll use them, but if I don't that's fine too :foryou:

1 hour ago, Architecht said:

Seriously still running out of likes? How many do you think you would use in day?

I don't usually run out of likes, don't use them much unless it's a lot of teat milking going on :smirk:

Just now, tv horror said:

There's a leader board? I just press "like" for the posts I enjoy, shucks I should have been liking myself all this time I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO competive.:) 

It's weird. I don't hang out in the water cooler or journals. Mostly just the comics section is where I spend most of my days, to learn. When you look at the leader board, it is full of people that I hardly see post. Perhaps there is an area of the boards that I haven't discovered lol

This all sounds pretty lame probably, but I still don't know what function the leader board serves. If there are cgc awards for most likes, when is that? The like/reputation didn't reset after a year. There isn't any "purpose" for likes other than it is tallied. Oh and sometimes I can't thank people I think deserve it, yet people who hardly post can be at the top of the leader board. 

I don't feel I'm at the top of anything, I'm just relaying that there are a lot to the boards that is still a mystery to me :):foryou:

5 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Or a CON with a mystery box?

I do not like them Sam I Am, with a FOX ;) 

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
better pic

42 minutes ago, tv horror said:

There's a leader board? I just press "like" for the posts I enjoy, shucks I should have been liking myself all this time I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO competive.:) 

images.jpg.d6b0b623dbffd40d4dfd1e8c8ccfd7ef.jpg

I look at the leader board as performance art.

That some people actually care about the results seems very Jr high school to me.

I do enjoy the like system as it's easier than typing "+1" all the time, plus there are some ancillary benefits of the system I appreciate :)

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I look at the leader board as performance art.

That some people actually care about the results seems very Jr high school to me.

I do enjoy the like system as it's easier than typing "+1" all the time, plus there are some ancillary benefits of the system I appreciate :)

I always wondered if it was annoying to some to get "like" notifications.... sometimes when it is a quote it lands me past posts I haven't read yet. The leader board was fun for about 5 seconds for the reasons you mention. I never go back after reading something to see what was liked most. If the leader board helped with that I'd understand, to know who was a cut-up or helpful etc.

48 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's weird. I don't hang out in the water cooler or journals. Mostly just the comics section is where I spend most of my days, to learn. When you look at the leader board, it is full of people that I hardly see post. Perhaps there is an area of the boards that I haven't discovered lol

This all sounds pretty lame probably, but I still don't know what function the leader board serves. If there are cgc awards for most likes, when is that? The like/reputation didn't reset after a year. There isn't any "purpose" for likes other than it is tallied. Oh and sometimes I can't thank people I think deserve it, yet people who hardly post can be at the top of the leader board. 

I don't feel I'm at the top of anything, I'm just relaying that there are a lot to the boards that is still a mystery to me :):foryou:

A lot of the people at the top of the leader board hang out in gold for the most part.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I always wondered if it was annoying to some to get "like" notifications.... sometimes when it is a quote it lands me past posts I haven't read yet. The leader board was fun for about 5 seconds for the reasons you mention. I never go back after reading something to see what was liked most. If the leader board helped with that I'd understand, to know who was a cut-up or helpful etc.

It certainly doesn't help that some people abuse the "like" system by using it to "send a message" to those they don't like, out of spite. For example, you say something, and someone disagrees with you, and someone else comes along and hits the "like" button, not because they necessarily agree with that other person, but merely because that person is disagreeing with you.

That's petty abuse. It's the same type of person who, in the past, would openly cheer when someone they didn't like got a strike. It's just small mindedness.