• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,040 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

Not "re-released", 'cause they are newly sculpted. There is also a Wolf Man and a Mummy.

Super 7 has been releasing a lot of cool Universal Monsters toys and other collectibles, the last couple of years.

The Creature is always the nicest collectable from any line of toys Millicent Patrick WE salute you.:foryou:  She was a babe herself there are two beautiful creatures in this photo.:x

download.jpg

3 minutes ago, tv horror said:

The Creature is always the nicest collectable from any line of toys Millicent Patrick WE salute you.:foryou:  She was a babe herself there are two beautiful creatures in this photo.:x

download.jpg

Being a Creature only collector, I'm forced to agree. :) Probably because they never have to do a "generic" likeness to avoid paying an actor's estate.

4 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I stopped getting FM around issue 256 it just seemed to lose its way, however they are nice covers on the latest issues.(thumbsu

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

download (3).jpg

I occasionally pick them up and saw the Drac cover in a Barnes and Noble that was awesome but damaged. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

Being a Creature only collector, I'm forced to agree. :) Probably because they never have to do a "generic" likeness to avoid paying an actor's estate.

Even so Mike it is a thing of beauty, have you got the Billiken model it's one of my favourites.

download (4).jpg

1 minute ago, tv horror said:

Even so Mike it is a thing of beauty, have you got the Billiken model it's one of my favourites.

download (4).jpg

Unfortunately, I don't do models. There are a lot of cool Creature kits out there, but when you add the price of a garage kit model to what someone charges to build and paint it, it can run into the hundreds of dollars for just one kit! I did have someone do the 2 Aurora Creature kits for me, though.

2 minutes ago, tv horror said:

With Halloween coming I always get this little guy out for a sing song, many a night we GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr well into the Dawn.:bigsmile: 

download.jpg

I have the big one, the small one and the screaming shaking head one.

1 minute ago, Mike Scott said:

Unfortunately, I don't do models. There are a lot of cool Creature kits out there, but when you add the price of a garage kit model to what someone charges to build and paint it, it can run into the hundreds of dollars for just one kit! I did have someone do the 2 Aurora Creature kits for me, though.

We Monster kids were reared on glue fumes and paint smells (no that does not explain a lot) I was making my own from about the age of 7 .

3 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

I have the big one, the small one and the screaming shaking head one.

That sounds like a POP group watch out Beatles there are new guys in Town..The one I have is about 20 inches tall and came across the Atlantic, boy was he tired after that swim. (thumbsu

Edited by tv horror

2 minutes ago, tv horror said:

We Monster kids were reared on glue fumes and paint smells (no that does not explain a lot) I was making my own from about the age of 7 .

I did them as a kid, too. I'm sure they looked terrible, with that glossy Testor's paint on them! xD 

3 minutes ago, tv horror said:

That sounds like a POP group watch out Beatles there are new guys in Town..The one I have is about 20 inches tall and came across the Atlantic, boy was he tired after that swim. (thumbsu

That's the AC powered one. Those are the hard to get/expensive ones. The little one (as well as the SSH one) are battery powered.

2 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

I did them as a kid, too. I'm sure they looked terrible, with that glossy Testor's paint on them! xD 

If you think that's bad I used Brown liquid boot polish on my Wolfman and he still looks great nearly 50 years later or at least until he is POLISHED off. (Ouch)