• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2019 at 6:50 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think eventually Marvel will own the werewolf genre with modern movie audiences.

Just a matter of time before Marvel makes this movie.

:cloud9:

10879-2516-11995-1-marvel-spotlight.jpg

i wish i had a copy of WBN #32 !!(first MoonKnight)  it has skyrocketed in price ... any of the posters in this thread have that issue ??

30 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i have been searching the internet sites but have been unable to find which comic book  has the first appearances of Dracula or Frankenstein on the cover,,,???,,,

i wonder do you @Mike Scott know ??

Detective 135 - May 1948 (Frankenstein);   Classics Illustrated - June 1949 (Frankenstein)   Anything earlier?

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i have been searching the internet sites but have been unable to find which comic book  has the first appearances of Dracula or Frankenstein on the cover,,,???,,,

i wonder do you @Mike Scott know ??

Don't know if it was first, but it's early. Eerie #12 (Avon), Aug. '53.

eerie12.thumb.jpg.70391278b2aa67546209f0f33bdb11f3.jpg

Here is a short student movie based on a Steranko story from Tower of shadows issue 1 starring the late great John Carradine called "Shadow house".:bigsmile: I liked the way they tried to capture the shadows on the walls direct from the comic panel, it gave the film an eerie effect.

Was this Marvel's first foray into the horror genre years before Blade and before you mention it no, I'm not counting Dracula's appearance in the Spider-man cartoon.

250px-TowerShadows1.jpg

Edited by tv horror

6 hours ago, tv horror said:

I'm still very busy but I thought I would post this especially from the 18 minute mark Mike should get a kick out of the finale a certain Creature makes an appearance.:bigsmile: McHale's Navy.

Looks like they cleaned out the local magic shop of all their Don Post masks! :bigsmile: Where did they get the size sm Creature costume? Looked like a real one!

2 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

Looks like they cleaned out the local magic shop of all their Don Post masks! :bigsmile: Where did they get the size sm Creature costume? Looked like a real one!

Yes Mike I noticed that as well although if you look closely you can see that the claws are gloves but very like the prop Creature suit, I wonder was there a publicity tour costume made for small town appearances. As you mentioned the masks are clearly Don Post however had he made the the Creatures claws by then it was roughly filmed in the 1961-62? As for the chest piece that looked very near to the original. The studio that filmed the series was ABC which was in partnership with Paramount so that rules out a Universal connection, they even have an episode called "The Creature from McHale's Lagoon".

Edited by tv horror