• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,040 posts in this topic

RIP Roger Corman (1926-2024)- someone who really defined the term LEGEND in the film industry. I only wrote about Corman once in my Midnight Marquee biography on actor/wrestler Milton Reid. The 1969 film was called Target: Harry and Corman gave Reid a great juicy role doing what he did best - playing a murderous henchman and showing off his wrestling technique. I highly recommend giving the film a watch and there is a fantastic restored version on YouTube that you can watch for free.

Target: Harry

1000013105.jpg

1000013106.jpg

1000013109.jpg

On 5/12/2024 at 8:31 AM, Cushing Fan said:

RIP Roger Corman (1926-2024)- someone who really defined the term LEGEND in the film industry. I only wrote about Corman once in my Midnight Marquee biography on actor/wrestler Milton Reid. The 1969 film was called Target: Harry and Corman gave Reid a great juicy role doing what he did best - playing a murderous henchman and showing off his wrestling technique. I highly recommend giving the film a watch and there is a fantastic restored version on YouTube that you can watch for free.

Target: Harry

When I think of Milton Reid, I always think of this scene even more so than his Bond roles:

Miltonreid.webp

On 5/13/2024 at 7:48 AM, dick pontoon said:

When I think of Milton Reid, I always think of this scene even more so than his Bond roles:

Miltonreid.webp

That's an awesome scene from Dr. Phibes Rises Again. I have a few autographs from Milton Reid in my collection and used that same image to post with this message from Reid 😆 

1000013165.jpg

On 5/13/2024 at 6:41 AM, Cushing Fan said:

That's an awesome scene from Dr. Phibes Rises Again. I have a few autographs from Milton Reid in my collection and used that same image to post with this message from Reid 😆 

1000013165.jpg

i saw that movie as a young boy with my family and i was afraid to turn the lights off in my bedroom when i got home !!

or take my socks off lol 

My new book for the Whitstable Museum about Peter and Helen Cushing was just published.  Very happy to have contributed this book to continue the legacy of Peter Cushing (Hammer Horror!) in his hometown. This was done as part of a new year long exhibition on Peter Cushing at the Whitstable Museum.

From the Whitstable Community Museum Group

"Peter and Helen in Whitstable"
The Peter Cushing Association has collaborated with Whitstable Museum to create a slim book on both Peter and Helen.  Chris Gullo, PCA director, wrote the text complemented by over a hundred images, some not seen together.  Memories of Whitstable residents and local photos place Peter and Helen in Whitstable - Peter's "Village".
Available from the museum - Thursday.

https://www.whitstablemuseum.org/

1000014856.jpg

Edited by Cushing Fan

On 6/12/2024 at 5:40 AM, Cushing Fan said:

As Father's Day is approaching this Sunday, here is Boris Karloff holding his daughter while checking out some horror comic books. 😉 

1000013808.jpg

He still looks scary even in this innocent picture with his daughter 

Anyone ever see the horror film Circus of Horrors (1960)? It starred German actor Anton Diffring and was his most known film in the genre. Diffring was mostly known for playing German villainous military types in many war films. My magazine bio piece on Diffring was just published in Little Shoppe of Horrors #50.

20240725_145656.jpg

20240725_145705.jpg

20240725_150021.jpg

20240725_150131.jpg