• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

while going thru some JIM images i happened upon this one which i had never seen before and has a great cover,,

someday i would like to put together a JIM pre Thor run ....the series has so many GREAT covers.........JIM #1 is on my bucket list....

Image result for There'll Be Some Changes Made" in Journey into Mystery #33

18 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

while going thru some JIM images i happened upon this one which i had never seen before and has a great cover,,

someday i would like to put together a JIM pre Thor run ....the series has so many GREAT covers.........JIM #1 is on my bucket list....

I was first introduced to these stories in the British Alan Class reprints (Marwood could tell you all about these) I loved these short stories and a fair amount featured monsters, yes where there be monsters you'll find TV Horror!:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Class_Comics

images (1).jpg

4136a701c6e85ca93417440cce110456.jpg

b61cc1386dc64955669bd0c0bf829603--sci-fi-comics-horror-comics.jpg

15 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

He should go with them.  That way he can be a ghost and go visit his girlfriend who he used to do clay pottery with.  They'll make a movie about it.(thumbsu

21 hours ago, tv horror said:

I was first introduced to these stories in the British Alan Class reprints (Marwood could tell you all about these) I loved these short stories and a fair amount featured monsters, yes where there be monsters you'll find TV Horror!:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Class_Comics

images (1).jpg

4136a701c6e85ca93417440cce110456.jpg

b61cc1386dc64955669bd0c0bf829603--sci-fi-comics-horror-comics.jpg

I truly loved the stories Ditko an Kirby/Lee did I also could only read them when they was reprinted in bronze horror titles like where monster roam??⁉️?❤️

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

@tv horror

this movie looks horrifying in so many ways .... have you ever watched it ? is it scary ??

part a a famed double feature.....

Image result for jesse james meets frankenstein Image result for jesse james meets frankenstein Image result for jesse james meets frankenstein

My grandfather took my sister and me to see this at the drive in the early 1980s. I don't remember much as I was young except that I was bitterly disappointed that Frankenstein didn't look or act like Karloff that I saw on Creature Feature.

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

@tv horror

this movie looks horrifying in so many ways .... have you ever watched it ? is it scary ??

part a a famed double feature.....

Image result for jesse james meets frankenstein Image result for jesse james meets frankenstein Image result for jesse james meets frankenstein

Was it SCARY! Too right it was scary I nearly poked my own eyes out it was a sight I could not unwatch.:) How am I ever to sleep tonight...I'm just going to have to go back to therapy again. @#~*&%$~# 1950's War you swine.:)

9 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I was bitterly disappointed that Frankenstein didn't look or act like Karloff that I saw on Creature Feature.

He was more like Lurch after brain surgery just another big lug with a gun (hey that would make a brilliant country and western tune #"He was just another big lug with a gun."# 

184894260.jpg

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

i think this may have even been a Universal Monsters studio release ?? lol 

Oh my goodness you're on a roll tonight are you trying to make me mad? Did you say Universal? Why you upstart you how dare you put the great Universal studios in the same breath as this turkey. It sucked and I don't mean by the vampires okay it did have John Carradine but he was a bit LONG IN THE TOOTH (ouch) by that time to play Dracula well and Billy the kid was like Billy the middle aged.:)