• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

Just now, peewee22 said:

When I ordered this from Captain Company (Famous Monsters mag) it was always "Discontinued". Never could get it through the mail.

It was one of the last ones I bought and I also tried the Captain company but because I live in Ireland I just thought they did not want to post there that was until I bought other THINGS.:bigsmile: I used to put the Dollars in an envelope and post them off, boy was I taking a chance back then. 

39 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Unfortunately no however they seem to be from the same molds as the Aurora kits, strange fact but did you know that Ebay was started because of PEZ. The founder started the company as his wife could not get the Pez she wanted, I bet you she has Pez coming out her yahoo!:bigsmile:

ant-man-and-the-wasp-hello-kitty-1079555.jpeg

Definitely not from the Aurora molds - similar though and I think that's what they were aiming for.  EVERY boy in the 60s knew what the Aurora kits looked like because they were everywhere they were THAT popular.  PEZ was just trying to capitalize on that popularity.

The monster Soakys were similar in their look - Mummy, Frankenstein, Creature and Wolf Man.

2 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Nice - does it have all of the original paints...unopened?

I still have all the original models I made as a child and they are all complete, so no boxes but I made up for that by the fun I had with them all these years. I also wrote for Famous monsters in issue 112 an article on Una O'Connor a Belfast born actress.

6598439_123375984607.jpg

download-8.jpg

36 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Original. It's a killer. My fave Aurora collectible.

43.jpg

Thanks for adding this photo - I always loved the graphics.  I remember this well as a kid.  No one wanted it.  They couldn't give them away.  I seem to remember it here in Canada as being slightly more expensive than buying the cans ala cart which probably explains in part why it didn't sell.  That and cheap parents not wanting to shell out $ for it. lol  ; also that kids didn't have enough $ to buy it; and for the the price of this you could buy a model and probably have a few cents left over.

I don't know whether this came in a "Made in Canada" box like all of the kits did.  Anyone know?  

Edited by pemart1966

1 minute ago, pemart1966 said:

Thanks for adding this photo.  I remember this well as a kid.  No one wanted it.  They couldn't give them away.  I remember it here in Canada as being slightly more expensive than buying the cans ala cart which probably explains in part why it didn't sell.  That and cheap parents not wanting to shell out $ for it. lol  ; also that kids didn't have enough $ to buy it; and for the the price of this you could buy a model and probably have a few cents left over.

I don't know whether this came in a "Made in Canada" box like all of the kits did.  Anyone know?  

Pemart1966 (a great year for everything ) I also belong to a forum called Universal monster army and they have some of the best experts on horror collectables in their ranks. Just tell them TV Horror sent you you won't regret it as it is a very knowledgeable group.

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?action=forum