• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Value Speculation - $3000 to Spend
2 2

148 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2018 at 10:22 AM, NoMan said:

F -it. I take it back. I don't have the fortitude for such a thing as speculating in comics. I'd rather spend the money I'd have to put aside for this dumb idea of mine on my own collection and since I collect what I like, it just ain't gonna work.

The urge to get rich off speculating in comics is engrained really deep in some (many) people and probably indicative of much deeper issues. No matter how much a more experienced person (i'm not saying I'm super experienced in this field but many of you are) warn of the foolishness of such an idea as speculating in comics, folks line up for the slaughter regardless. 

It's like warning people of the dangers of heroin. No matter how much you say it's a bad idea, a really bad idea, people poke and jab for the mainline.

Well look at it this way too.  Sometimes the speculation may be to flip to get something else down the road too.  Just never know.

17 minutes ago, Drbearsec said:

As I said... Stay Tuned.  Who the hell knows where life will be in 2-5 years?

i was just responding to your post asking about investing in books for investment reasons. books with big gains to sell, oh forget it....

Edited by NoMan

On 3/29/2018 at 12:53 AM, Jack Linguini said:

I'd recommend 3 copies of Dakota North #1.
It has everything going for it. 1980s nostalgia. Strong female lead.

And she has skills:
Dakota North is skilled in several forms of hand-to-hand combat. She has trained herself to be extremely physically agile and moderately adept at gymnastics. Her excellent physical condition provides her with reflexes, recovery time, and stamina above the norm for a woman of her physical age and build. North is also proficient with a variety of firearms, and is an excellent marksman.

0033737_dakota-north-investigations-1.jpeg

I buy the heck out of NM copies of Dakota North #1-5 when I find them.  I liked the initial 5 issue series.  I assume it didn't sell well since it ended on a cliffhanger.