• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Value Speculation - $3000 to Spend
2 2

148 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
15 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Almost.

And I'm this close to figuring out how to multi-quote.

14 minutes ago, Pontoon said:
15 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
30 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

@architect

Almost.

lol

lol

16 hours ago, oakman29 said:

TMNT 1's had times of low trends too. Yet a 9.8 is now going for 30K.

The only reason I disagree with you on this...

TMNT owes its value to building a kid friendly, teenage friendly franchise.  It has had kid friendly toys, cartoons, comics, movies and other assorted tie-ins. It has reinvented itself in various incarnations depending on the target audience it sought to reach and it was easily adaptable to any target audience.   TMNT is a franchise that has surpassed the comics and can easily sustain itself without them.  I do not know if Walking Dead can do that.  Eventually the show is going to wrap up or it is going to be cancelled.   That's just the way TV is. 

The Walking Dead is not a kid friendly show but it DOES have a voracious cult following.  However the long term value of the book is predicated on sustaining that fan base over the years even when the zombie idea loses steam.   Can the Walking Dead sustain itself as a franchise after the death of Rick and the remaining main characters?  If so, for how long?  The Walking Dead will need to have a constant media presence in more than just the comics.  However, I do not see kid friendly Walking Dead toys nor Saturday Morning cartoons.  

I don't know if the Walking Dead can achieve TMNT levels of engagement due to the nature and subject matter of the show. 

And hey... I am easily willing to say that I could be wrong with this and I am not framing it in the right perspective. 

Edited by Buzzetta

15 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Why has no one suggested investing in Comic Coin yet?  That $3,000 could probably buy like 6 bazillion of them...

Any time Comic Coin is brought up on the boards, my heart grows three sizes.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

The Walking Dead is not a kid friendly show but it DOES have a voracious cult following.  The long term value of the book is predicated on sustaining that fan base over the years even when the zombie idea loses steam.   Can the Walking Dead sustain itself as a franchise after the death of Rick and other main characters... for years to come.  Walking Dead will need to have a constant media presence in more than just the comics. 

I think a lot of kids were watching this. Kind of like when we were kids in the 1980s and put that horror vhs into our dad's vcr when he went to work.

My own nephews started watching this when they were 12. They say they outgrew it now as they are 17.  So I think really this show had a younger fanbase that is leaving it now that they are all growing up.

Like one of my nephews said he thought zombies were cool at 12,but thinks they are lame at 17.

Kind of like me at 12 when I thought Freddy Kreguer and Jason were bad arse than by the time I was 17 I thought they were corny and no longer scary.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think a lot of kids were watching this. Kind of like when we were kids in the 1980s and put that horror vcr into our dad vcr when he went to work.

My own nephews started watching this when they were 12. They say they outgrew it now as they are 17.  So I think really this show had a younger fanbase that is leaving it now that they are all growing up.

Like one of my nephews said he thought zombies were cool at 12,but thinks they are lame at 17.

Kind of like me at 12 when I thought Freddy Kreguer and Jason were bad arse than by the time I was 17 I thought they were corny and no longer scary.

America certainly developed a strange fascination with zombies and vampire sex right around the same time.  For the life of me I could never understand either, but since vampire sex is no longer en vogue, I would be surprised if the zombie thing maintained for much longer.

Maybe the problem was no one ever intertwined the two subjects... hm

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

America certainly developed a strange fascination with zombies and vampire sex right around the same time.  For the life of me I could never understand either, but since vampire sex is no longer en vogue, I would be surprised if the zombie thing maintained for much longer.

Maybe the problem was no one ever intertwined the two subjects... hm

Are you kidding me? Zombie,Vampire movies have been in vogue since films were created. I certainly don't believe it will die off any time soon, if ever.

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Are you kidding me? Zombie,Vampire movies have been in vogue since films were created. I certainly don't believe it will die off any time soon, if ever.

Of course they have, but its an ebb and flow thing in terms of mass appeal, and I'm betting a significant ebb is coming.

On the opposite end, I'm looking to invest $3 for comic book speculation. Please forward your 50 cent and $1 recommendations to me ASAP, I'd like to maximize the potential of my investment capital.

26 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

On the opposite end, I'm looking to invest $3 for comic book speculation. Please forward your 50 cent and $1 recommendations to me ASAP, I'd like to maximize the potential of my investment capital.

I recommend 10 shares of Wizard stock, as long as you can avoid a broker commission.

31 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I recommend 10 shares of Wizard stock, as long as you can avoid a broker commission.

For $3? I feel like at this point, that's enough to buy a majority interest, if not the entire company outright...

4 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

For $3? I feel like at this point, that's enough to buy a majority interest, if not the entire company outright...

Nah, you need like $75 for that.  Plus you have to get through Paul Kessler, he owns about 74% of the outstanding shares currently.