• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what issue is the real 1st app of Red Goblin?
2 2

378 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Bakerbr13 said:

Only people who banked on 795 want it to be 795. First appearance is 798. Not by my opinion but by Marvel saying so. Marvel's statement trumps everyones opinion. 

Scott Snyder's opinion trump everyone on BWL ? He wrote it. Hard to find more of an authority on the matter than the author. lol See Metal #2 ? 

Oh, everyone who is banking on #798 will be bankrupt, is a Marvel zombie, and must want it to be the 1st appearance for those reasons only. You get how what you wrote reads after that comment ? 

Thanks for painting me and my as of now, 2 owned copies of #795, with this brush. The best #798 will be $1 bin fodder up to cover price. Not everyone thinks like you. Some of us read the comics and don't "want" it to be anything, but see it for what is. Did you read today's issue ? In it it....

Spoiler

Peter Parker addresses the character as Norman, not Carnage, upon seeing him and calls him Norman in the last panel of issue #798. He says he is "in" the symbiote. Norman is obviously in control of Maybe that wasn't Norman in #795. 

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

I still say 797 is the 1st appearance ?

IMG_4021.JPG

In the Cgc age, first cover appearance of Red Goblin (in costume) and lower print run like the above #797 will be bigger $$ compared to high print run ASM #798, 799, 800.

12 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

In the Cgc age, first cover appearance of Red Goblin (in costume) and lower print run like the above #797 will be bigger $$ compared to high print run ASM #798, 799, 800.

Midtown Comics had a wall full of this book when it came out. I passed. far too much spec on this. But then, that was true for Carnage too I think. And X-Force 1

2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Midtown Comics had a wall full of this book when it came out. I passed. far too much spec on this. But then, that was true for Carnage too I think. And X-Force 1

Just like we used to say about NM #98, and before that Hulk #181 and GSX #1..............as long as the Red Goblin sticks around for a while this book will do fine long term. 

9 minutes ago, kimik said:

Just like we used to say about NM #98, and before that Hulk #181 and GSX #1..............as long as the Red Goblin sticks around for a while this book will do fine long term. 

The issue I think is that while I don't see comics as a medium going away, I do think that comic *collecting* has an expiration date as a hobby.

10 minutes ago, kimik said:

You mean Hulk #180

Spoiler

:baiting:   

IMG_4023.JPG

Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The issue I think is that while I don't see comics as a medium going away, I do think that comic *collecting* has an expiration date as a hobby.

And when will that be? For the past 5 - 7 years I have seen the hobby getting younger as being a "comic nerd" becomes mainstream. 

Comic collecting is going the way of other hobbies - keys/classic covers/1st apps are all that matters. The day of the run collectors is coming to an end, but the best material will continue to be sought after.

2 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

You mean Hulk #180

Reveal hidden contents

:baiting:   

IMG_4023.JPG

No, my point was that the print run does not matter as long as the demand is there to drive price. 

3 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

This book is not first cover appearance.. 796 comic xposure variant is. 

Of all the issues least likely to hold value I think 797 will be it as its a filler 

795 first Osborne with carnage symbiote

796 comic xposure.. First red goblin appearance on cover 

798 first full red goblin appearance   

800 death of major character?  Though deaths don' really do much for value.   

Edited by MGH

9 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Retailer exclusives tend to not matter so much to collectors.

It's already been recognised as first cover appearance ..  And it's an awesome cover to boot..   

And don't forget distribution only 1000 for virgin covers and 3000 for trade 

I reckon Alex ross virgin cover for 798 will probably be the book to have in terms of value. 

Edited by MGH