• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me buy more vinyl records [PRICES SLASHED!]
3 3

81 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

95777.jpg.c816c9c9e974a04c70bb1687dcd13d04.jpg

An old pic i've posted before,this is about half of my lp's and a third of my singles.

gay fetish emporium?

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Leave Miss Pin alone.

OK but I reserve the right of first refusal...., :cool:

13 hours ago, oceans11 said:

And there's multiple versions.. due to it having been released, then the cover changed and had the trunk cover pasted over existing butcher covers (where you can barely see through and tell that the butcher cover is underneath.. notably Paul's dark hair showing through the white background of the "new" cover if I remember correctly). There is also the "peeled" versions where people realized they had the copies that had the new cover pasted over old, and tried to remove it; most of the time steaming it and peeling. Those vary due to quality of the peel job.   Also notably is that there is a promotional copy of the original cover out there, but I only heard about that from the shop that had it and sold it.

Collecting records is fun and it is a lot like comics. Some great covers, need to handled carefully, are habit forming in both collecting and searching for, and they take up a lot of space if you find enough good ones.  I collected for about 25 years, including a few stints working at various record stores; and still dabble in it every now and then. Even still these days, I wiill always check out a record store or two in  any city I go visit.

13 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

The Beatles "Butcher album" is one of the most valuable and sought after vinyl's 

Image result for beatles butcher album

I have one of these...$1 yard sale find back in the '70s 

13 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Buy some Skinny Puppy.

Risky proposition...some SP stuff is f'ing great, but when they're not good they are unlistenable. Saw them live twice, once was amazing, the other (more recent) time was the opposite of amazing. Unmazing?

Edited by mackenzie999

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here’s my 7” Beatles butcher cover EP. Obviously an out take shot. I think it is a bootleg. Any body else ever seen it? I got it a long time ago.

43115C7A-5893-42E4-873F-60163B671FBF.jpeg

4ED46B08-2462-475A-A727-41BAFA5C12FF.jpeg

Pretty sure that's a boot. I used to work in a collectible record shop in the 80s, and the owner ran the largest Beatles con on the East coast for years, so I've seen my fair share of Beatlebilia.