• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deaderer than dead?
5 5

258 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2018 at 7:54 PM, Senormac said:

This place will never die as long as we keep posting pictures of our heroes !! 

5ae928470b0d1_batmanfat.jpg.0d60ab49a3b8b36c5b08615180bbae55.jpg

On 5/1/2018 at 8:01 PM, oakman29 said:

Thanks Mike for the new wallpaper for my phone.:headbang:

Your phone? Shoot, I can't even fit this on my 64" big screen TV.

On a more serious note......  I've noticed that this place IS pretty dead too.  At least compared to years past.

I think its because of the upheaval in the outside world during these times.  Some mess is goin down.  

World events are super in motion.  Even the freakin universe around us is passing through places of alignment pretty regularly. 

People are paying attention to all of it and that means, this place and hobby have been put on a back burner....

or maybe a short box on a shelf in the basement or attic. 

There is nothing wrong with this place.  It's not the "new format".  

It's bigger than that :) 

8 minutes ago, Senormac said:

On a more serious note......  I've noticed that this place IS pretty dead too.  At least compared to years past.

I think its because of the upheaval in the outside world during these times.  Some mess is goin down.  

World events are super in motion.  Even the freakin universe around us is passing through places of alignment pretty regularly. 

People are paying attention to all of it and that means, this place and hobby have been put on a back burner....

I need to get to a dispensary so I can understand your accent.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
11 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I need to get to a dispensary so I can understand your accent.

5aebf6969885a_shirt5.thumb.jpg.a92994a9e3f1bbc5dc8c21f835078fd9.jpg

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I was thinking the FS section seems pretty dead lately.  

Yeah - worst I've seen it, at least for stuff that I have any interest in.  And I'm pretty scattergun in my interests.

7 hours ago, Senormac said:

Dang my photoshop skills are slow :sorry:

5aebfe3440db9_gayumbrellascopy.jpg.ae78db8b5c19be750d263851a3bad06b.jpg

The only place you'd catch me with those two dinks is at Phil's.

53 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:
9 hours ago, lizards2 said:

34qu592.jpg

Is that from the trailer for the new Hairy Poppins movie?

I think it was a Hobbit casting call.

I recently returned after a long sabbatical and yeah, it seems pretty dormant.

• Should we have an open house?
  • Membership drive? Risque entertainment?
  • Win a Dream Date with (insert Forum Member here)?
  • Perhaps we need a "companion thread" to this. "Ideas for making the threads sexy again?"

But seriously, I really think this place has way, way too many sub-forums. There seems to be forums for things that don't need their own forum. And the best way I can see to liven things up is to condense. Like a "Gold, Silver and Bronze" area instead of having a forum for each. A few forums can be eliminated altogether and that traffic would go back to Comics General. And Comics General could stand to lose some sub-forums too. From what I remember these sub-forums were created because the original forums were so clogged and busy. That isn't the case now and in the future it can always be changed. But for now we could simplify the number of forums and a side benefit would be people being exposed to material that they normally wouldn't be perusing.

2 hours ago, Kramerica said:

I recently returned after a long sabbatical and yeah, it seems pretty dormant.

• Should we have an open house?
  • Membership drive? Risque entertainment?
  • Win a Dream Date with (insert Forum Member here)?
  • Perhaps we need a "companion thread" to this. "Ideas for making the threads sexy again?"

But seriously, I really think this place has way, way too many sub-forums. There seems to be forums for things that don't need their own forum. And the best way I can see to liven things up is to condense. Like a "Gold, Silver and Bronze" area instead of having a forum for each. A few forums can be eliminated altogether and that traffic would go back to Comics General. And Comics General could stand to lose some sub-forums too. From what I remember these sub-forums were created because the original forums were so clogged and busy. That isn't the case now and in the future it can always be changed. But for now we could simplify the number of forums and a side benefit would be people being exposed to material that they normally wouldn't be perusing.

I think that's a pretty good point.  Too many sub forums has people spread all across the landscape of here.  Might be a good thing to get folks together in the same room

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

I think that's a pretty good point.  Too many sub forums has people spread all across the landscape of here.  Might be a good thing to get folks together in the same room

I miss the active topics function.Check activity and it's a million posts from the same threads.Active topics made it so much easier to browse,and you'd catch more things from all over.