• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deaderer than dead?
5 5

258 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Get Marwood & I

To be honest, I've pm'd Architect, and he has responded in a quickly fashion. :foryou:

The other day posts in bronze: when I would go to the first unread post and then go back to the topic listing, all the other unread topics would all be marked as read! I pm'd Architect about it to allow him to respond on his own time. He did. 

That's probably because you don't bombard Arch with stuff like Sparky does. Again, given the frequency with which he pesters, I am not at all surprised that he gets little to no response. He should probably dial it back but of course never will because that's the antithesis of obsessive behavior. Just can't let anything go.

1 minute ago, Jerkfro said:

That's probably because you don't bombard Arch with stuff like Sparky does. Again, given the frequency with which he pesters, I am not at all surprised that he gets little to no response. He should probably dial it back but of course never will because that's the antithesis of obsessive behavior. Just can't let anything go.

As you are proving about yourself right now.

23 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
25 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

As you are proving about yourself right now.

If you're equating what I've posted in this thread today with your months long crusade to right all the board deficiencies then it's not only me who's missing the point by a country mile.

59 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

So are you and so am I.

3 dj's and we're on the go, shadrach, meshak, obendigo! Check y'all later I'm out hunting comics, let you know if I find anything:foryou:

:wishluck:

rantrantWell it is getting hard not to get depressed ha. I have a shopping center a couple of blocks away that has a used book store. I've found cool stuff periodically or somethin', but there is a guy who works there someday's that is always taken aback when I find something. I have tried to make small talk with him about comics. His story is that, "he hasn't touched his comic collection for years", but when I say I've found something he's made comments like, "oh ya they're not worth much, so I figure everyone else could have a shot at them." So obviously he is paying cents on the dollar or what the "store" pays for comics, and looking them up and seeing there worth and taking first pick and buying them from the store for a little more than pennies on the dollar. BUT as long as the "register" doesn't take a hit the manager doesn't seem to mind. :( I talked to the manager today, and was saying that the guy seems to get first pick and laughed to be polite. The manager goes, "ya, that is one of the 'few' fringe benefits of working here." I wanted to say, what about the customer? The person that comes in to shop? Don't they get any loyalty? I mean the guy skimming the bins obviously has some picks that are worth it to a collector. BUT "if" he "hasn't touched or had a collection in years?" what is he doing with these fine comics? I entertained the thought that he doesn't get paid much, and he is just taking worthwhile comics to the LCS to sell to get a bonus to his paycheck. lol it just depresses me. I "could" do that, but more than likely would add it to my collection, at least that is what I've done so far. I can't be too mad, because I get it, if I wanted extra scratch those would be the first to go.... or at least when there were contests on the boards, I'd share the love.... but dang! I mean there were sooooo many JSA's that were new today. All the run with nothing special left. And after everything is skimmed, he just through's the customer pile into a bin, with no boards, barely filled so they are all getting bent when people flip through.....rantrant

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

55 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

If you're equating what I've posted in this thread today with your months long crusade to right all the board deficiencies then it's not only me who's missing the point by a country mile.

Yes it is.

30 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

rantrantWell it is getting hard not to get depressed ha. I have a shopping center a couple of blocks away that has a used book store. I've found cool stuff periodically or somethin', but there is a guy who works there someday's that is always taken aback when I find something. I have tried to make small talk with him about comics. His story is that, "he hasn't touched his comic collection for years", but when I say I've found something he's made comments like, "oh ya they're not worth much, so I figure everyone else could have a shot at them." So obviously he is paying cents on the dollar or what the "store" pays for comics, and looking them up and seeing there worth and taking first pick and buying them from the store for a little more than pennies on the dollar. BUT as long as the "register" doesn't take a hit the manager doesn't seem to mind. :( I talked to the manager today, and was saying that the guy seems to get first pick and laughed to be polite. The manager goes, "ya, that is one of the 'few' fringe benefits of working here." I wanted to say, what about the customer? The person that comes in to shop? Don't they get any loyalty? I mean the guy skimming the bins obviously has some picks that are worth it to a collector. BUT "if" he "hasn't touched or had a collection in years?" what is he doing with these fine comics? I entertained the thought that he doesn't get paid much, and he is just taking worthwhile comics to the LCS to sell to get a bonus to his paycheck. lol it just depresses me. I "could" do that, but more than likely would add it to my collection, at least that is what I've done so far. I can't be too mad, because I get it, if I wanted extra scratch those would be the first to go.... or at least when there were contests on the boards, I'd share the love.... but dang! I mean there were sooooo many JSA's that were new today. All the run with nothing special left. And after everything is skimmed, he just through's the customer pile into a bin, with no boards, barely filled so they are all getting bent when people flip through.....rantrant

They're all ****s out there! :mad:

:grin:

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

They're all ****s out there! :mad:

:grin:

If we were in their shoes, it might not turn out any differently haha. I don't blame him, and I don't want to sabotage his pretty sweet deal! Just had to get it off my chest (thumbsu 

6596y.jpg

16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought about posting a nine inch nails song called, "where is everybody?" But I'm not sure it would be well received. Haha I haven't heard the lyrics in so long, I'm not sure the language other than the hook. 

It can be difficult with Trent Reznor songs.

In one Water Cooler thread I'd considered posting the Broken EP, but some of the lyrics would've been 'problematic'.

3 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

It can be difficult with Trent Reznor songs.

In one Water Cooler thread I'd considered posting the Broken EP, but some of the lyrics would've been 'problematic'.

some of the guitar riffs on that album are stellar! Listened to it on the bus to school for a while there in high school. As it was a private school, some of my friends couldn't get pass the lyrics.

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

some of the guitar riffs on that album are stellar! Listened to it on the bus to school for a while there in high school. As it was a private school, some of my friends couldn't get pass the lyrics.

Yup.  Very talented guy.

Impressive going from a Depeche Mode influenced mainstream sound on his Pretty Hate Machine album to a much fuller industrial metal style on the EP.

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.  Very talented guy.

Impressive going from a Depeche Mode influenced mainstream sound on his Pretty Hate Machine album to a much fuller industrial metal style on the EP.

After the album fragile, I kind of lost interest...picked up a few after that but it seemed lacking. The DVD concert where he does the hits as well as some from the fragile album was pretty sweet. 

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

After the album fragile, I kind of lost interest...picked up a few after that but it seemed lacking. The DVD concert where he does the hits as well as some from the fragile album was pretty sweet. 

I didn't continue beyond The Downward Spiral album.

7 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I didn't continue beyond The Downward Spiral album.

3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

:golfclap:

Wait, y'all didn't go further down the spiral? lol Eraser was trippy 

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Liz! I thought you were dead. 

I'm not dead yet, I just smell that way. :sorry:

4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

If someone told me I was being a tool, I'd laugh it off.

If 20 people told me I was being a tool, then it's time for some introspection. 

Anyone satisfied with being only twenty times a tool is an underachiever. :sumo: 

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Anyone satisfied with being only twenty times a tool is an underachiever. :sumo: 

That's the spirit!