• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What art is burned into your brain ?????
2 2

35 posts in this topic

An old LSH page: the resurrection of Lightening Lad. He was the first regular superhero who I knew to die, and he was also a fan favorite. So, bringing him back really struck home.

I don't have a full copy of the page (and will never have the art, I'm sure), but here's the best part of it from the internet:

proty3.jpg

Sure it's even creepier in black and white and it's one hell of a single panel.  But...this single panel cost me sleep for the better part of an entire summer.  Etched into my brain for life (etched as the lines are so clear, burned leaves too much scar tissue). It had been out for 3/4 years I'm sure but my older cousin loved horror comics...and I had been told many times to not look at that pile.  So...

wrightsonwolfreal.jpg

7 hours ago, williamhlawson said:

Sure it's even creepier in black and white and it's one hell of a single panel.  But...this single panel cost me sleep for the better part of an entire summer.  Etched into my brain for life (etched as the lines are so clear, burned leaves too much scar tissue). It had been out for 3/4 years I'm sure but my older cousin loved horror comics...and I had been told many times to not look at that pile.  So...

wrightsonwolfreal.jpg

I just watch this page in January,
it was part of the Guillermo del Toro exhibition...

Truly magnificent in person...
:luhv:<3:luhv:<3:luhv:<3:luhv:<3:luhv:<3

thumbnail_20180107_122952.thumb.jpg.8de70eafe446b82af3ff3c1027d1bd0d.jpg

11 hours ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

This... burned into my brain since my child hood...

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1231920

IMG_2872.JPG

These were awesome! Definitely a throw back to my childhood as well. 

I think I collected up to Series 3 of the Marvel Universe and then collected the Marvel Master Pieces. 

:)

On 4/26/2018 at 6:10 AM, Brian Peck said:

A page I just received got me thinking. What page or pages that you read when you first started reading comics or as a kid that are etched into your memory? Not a cover, since they are made to sell comics which in turn makes them very memorable. I mean a panel, panel page or splash from inside a comic book which you vividly remember reading and stands out from most of the other comic books you have read.

I just received a page that falls under this topic which I have loved since I was a little kid from Silver Surfer #14.

There are certain pages that you read as a kid that get burned into your brain. This is one of them. I vividly remember reading this issue and the top panel with the Surfer blasting a meteor. WOW, the inking of the Surfer and background very dynamic by Dan Adkins and Big John's story telling in five panels. My first published page from the original series featuring The Silver Surfer, thrilled to have the original to something that amazed me as a kid. 

Larger scan in my CAF gallery: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1467955

Silver_Surfer_14_3.jpg

This...i dont know why, but this page is the most memorable page for me i think in comics. It was dark and cruel without being cartoonish. I think it was just the idea of finding someone so low they were already trying to kill themselves through drink, and making it your point to try and find a way to hurt them even more. It really stuck with me.

DaredevilV1#249-14.jpg