• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Comic Book Day May 5th
1 1

54 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2018 at 9:36 AM, Brewcrewfan77 said:

How's LWW on FCBD?  Not sure if I want to hit one or Kowabunga in Oconomowoc.  Though Kowabunga is having their Grand Re-Opening Sale so I might hit that up to get some of the other deals they'll be offering.

Lost World is busy with 45min wait but you get 4 books each and they are just a great store. 25% off store-wide. They are deep on all gold and silver level titles and would likely have everything (but Tick goes early)

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er

There are some really cool books this year :whee:I think I'll volunteer at the LCS because, y’know, free comics! The Mall, Amazing Spider-Man and Barrier all look cool. I'll check out the Avengers but IMO everything since Bendis and Hickman has been meh. Berlin looks good but depressing. If done well it could be required reading for high school Western Civ II courses much like MAUS was for me (or Watchmen was for me in Modern Lit) 

I’m already sold on Maxwell's Demons and Howard Lovecraft.

5 hours ago, OrangeNemesis said:

I take my son so he can see the people dressed up etc. The local shop usually hooks kids up with a bunch of free swag as well. It makes for a fun morning bonding with my son.

Me too, my 5 y.o daughter is excited. Has her sketchbook and her supergirl costume set aside anxiously waiting for Saturday. <3  Besides, how can you really knock free comics? When free comic book day first started, I remember shops limiting to 3 a person. Now Take, totally incredible especially if you have a child, and seeing them get into the hobby. Love it!!! :cloud9:

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Took my granddaughter last year. She loves the DC supergirls, Spider-Man, Frozen and Disney. Her younger sister is going as well this year.

2FF17AF7-124B-4F56-B925-8DA78DEDD30E.jpeg

i bet your the cool grand parent. good for you!

i got some kinda Overstreet Guide To Collecting kinda comic. Bad art of Three Stooges on cover. Grading Definitions in it so it's cool. Other than that, seems worth what I paid for it.

Edited by NoMan

A LCS had a free MIke Choi sigining. :) Of course I had to pay to have the SS sent into CGC, but he signed my X-23: Target X #1 and Punisher 11 (Tim Duncan variant).  He also had an awesome Venom poster I got signed, and some folks even got a free sketch.  

We then hit another LCS closer to home and picked up a bunch more of the free comics. I also picked up some other back issues and supplies.  Overall a good time for the kids and me!

Edited by Cozmo-One