• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stuck at home for next couple of weeks w/injury. Need laughs
1 1

59 posts in this topic

just had rotator cuff surgery and in pain and looking for laughs to take my mind off it. how about some links to poorly made "how-to" comic book collecting You-Tube shows? Bottom of the barrel stuff (not low production value as much as perpetuation of mis-information, slabbing conspiracies, etc) while I wither in pain.  Good grief does my shoulder hurt

Thanks!

Edited by NoMan

My wife is having the same surgery on Thursday. I ain't looking forward to it. She's a cry baby. Looks like I will be cooking, cleaning, ect. As well as hearing her. I think I'd rather have it done to me. Don't they give you some good dope for that? 

Wonder what we are up against recovery time? I know there will be physical therapy ect.

In the mean time, you can laugh at me. I'm not a good cook, haven't done laundry in years and just know, no matter how hard I try, I won't be doing housework "up to snuff"...:facepalm:

Hope you feel better soon!

26 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

My wife is having the same surgery on Thursday. I ain't looking forward to it. She's a cry baby. Looks like I will be cooking, cleaning, ect. As well as hearing her. I think I'd rather have it done to me. Don't they give you some good dope for that? 

Wonder what we are up against recovery time? I know there will be physical therapy ect.

In the mean time, you can laugh at me. I'm not a good cook, haven't done laundry in years and just know, no matter how hard I try, I won't be doing housework "up to snuff"...:facepalm:

all your questions depend on what they find when the docs open up your wife's shoulder. it's a drag. 

Not comics, but sci-fi/fantasy related - some you-tubes I've enjoyed most over past years are the Plinkett red letter media reviews of the Star Wars prequel trilogy.  They are pretty long for video-reviews (all have multi-parts), and heck, I enjoyed Plinkett's more than the original source movies he reviewed (not saying a lot I know).

You will immediately know (within first few minutes) if these vids are your cup of tea:

Hope you find a help for the pain, that sux, good luck with the recovery man.

The following aren't comic related in any way but all of these were very entertaining things I've found on youtube recently.

Watch this first 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXVJ4JQ3SUw

And then go to the link below and listen to more actual calls. Hysterical
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3OxCWLEmoIhNMm-hnvBm9Q/videos

Doctor doctor I feel like a pool ball.

Don't annoy me now go to the end of the cue.

Doctor doctor have you got anything to keep my hair from falling out.

Sure try using this shoebox.

Doctor doctor I keep imagining that I'm a set of curtains.

Look man pull yourself together.:bigsmile:

On 4/27/2018 at 8:03 PM, Robot Man said:

@Robot Man can you maybe start a thread about your domestic life after her surgery?? Sounds like it will be very entertaining. Maybe you can live stream it for @NoMan to keep him laughing lol 

I have nothing funny to offer, just my sympathies.

Due to a work related injury, I suffered a full thickness tear in the rotator cuff of my dominant (right) arm. 200+ hours of physical therapy, 2 surgeries, 2 work hardening programs, 1 Functional Capacity Evaluation, and a visit to a lawyers office, all over a 26 month span of time, and I still feel the fire in my finger tips every time I lift more than 5 lbs. with that arm. 

You'll be fine though. (thumbsu

lol See... that was funny.

3 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

@Robot Man can you maybe start a thread about your domestic life after her surgery?? Sounds like it will be very entertaining. Maybe you can live stream it for @NoMan to keep him laughing lol 

:pullhair:. Ha ha, I don't have a good feeling about this. She had that nasty flu at Christmas and  I couldn't wait to go back to work!

Feeling better NoMan? Give me a little hope brother...

On 4/27/2018 at 6:46 PM, NoMan said:

just had rotator cuff surgery and in pain and looking for laughs to take my mind off it. how about some links to poorly made "how-to" comic book collecting You-Tube shows? Bottom of the barrel stuff (not low production value as much as perpetuation of mis-information, slabbing conspiracies, etc) while I wither in pain.  Good grief does my shoulder hurt

Thanks!

Good luck with recovery!! I had shoulder surgery a year and a half ago to repair a torn labrum, recovery is tough but it gets better. If i come across some time-killing video I'll post them up here.