• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man #800 Variants

100 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2018 at 12:25 PM, LovetheLizard said:

IMO, I think over 50% of the reason these sell out so quickly are as follows...

1) Flippers

2) Collectors were allowed to purchase 2 sets per order and it's simple math...order 2 sell one for double the price and boom you just got your set/comic for free

So true. I've seen this with limited video games and posters. My rule is don't support the flipper or the company that creates flippers. As much as I like J Scott Campbell's artwork, I wish he would put that time into that Spider-Man comic that he was part of teasing years ago. None of his covers for #800 interest me.

I do see some nice covers in that group image. Many of which are far better than the selection we received for Action #1000. I haven't picked up Spider-Man in years but I'll probably get a few of those covers. Definitely the Romita if the price isn't crazy.

I wonder can anyone help me? It concerns the Romita sr cover of 800 I normally don't buy variants however because it was issue 800 and I'm a fan of John Romita sr I decided to buy one of his variant covers. The problem is I ordered the Gwen Stacy cover and was sent a different one featuring Spidey swinging can anyone tell if there are two covers, thanks?

download.jpg

85f983e142c9296a06c76da3a46de518.jpg

11 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I wonder can anyone help me? It concerns the Romita sr cover of 800 I normally don't buy variants however because it was issue 800 and I'm a fan of John Romita sr I decided to buy one of his variant covers. The problem is I ordered the Gwen Stacy cover and was sent a different one featuring Spidey swinging can anyone tell if there are two covers, thanks?

download.jpg

85f983e142c9296a06c76da3a46de518.jpg

http://www.scorpioncomics.com/shop/amazing-spider-man-800

Edited by ComicCollectorMatt

23 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Thanks Matt however is this the only cover he had drawn, personally it does not look like his work although he is in his mid eighties. I'm just disappointed that they advertised the Stacy cover and that is what I ordered.  

Call/Email them and ask for your money back or an exchange.

6 hours ago, tv horror said:

I bought it through Ebay and as I live in Ireland I ordered it from the U.S so it would cost me more to post it back, were there two covers printed? Thanks for the replies guys it means a lot.:) 

There is also the sunset virgin version of the one you received and there is also the one you actually wanted with Gwen. There are a ton of the Gwen ones on Ebay still. Hopefully the seller fixes it though. Good luck!

35 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

There is also the sunset virgin version of the one you received and there is also the one you actually wanted with Gwen. There are a ton of the Gwen ones on Ebay still. Hopefully the seller fixes it though. Good luck!

I bought one of the Gwen covers cheaply although with postage the original order cost me $55 I contacted the company Scorpion comics and they said their variant was better and more collectable, in the end I will just keep this copy as it would cost me more to send it back. Thanks for all your help guys it helps when your not alone. It still does not look like Romita's art.

42 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I bought one of the Gwen covers cheaply although with postage the original order cost me $55 I contacted the company Scorpion comics and they said their variant was better and more collectable, in the end I will just keep this copy as it would cost me more to send it back. Thanks for all your help guys it helps when your not alone. It still does not look like Romita's art.

Lemme check, but I'm pretty sure my LCS has more of those Gwens. I think it's just a $10 book. If he still has one I'll pick one up for you. Such a somber cover.:$

1 hour ago, Not A Clone said:

Lemme check, but I'm pretty sure my LCS has more of those Gwens. I think it's just a $10 book. If he still has one I'll pick one up for you. Such a somber cover.:$

That's not necessary my friend as I acquired a copy on Ebay quite cheaply, your kindness has touched me and given me hope that there are still good people within this World. If ever there is anything you ever need in the U.K please let me know and it will be yours for that act of kindness, again thank you.:golfclap: 

I think 2k for both ill check.  The grr is i spent all my money on delottos, mobieus and others...and they take layaway.  Just 10% down for local subscribers.  But also because i want the kirby thor variant from today more

So far I am counting 55 covers of ASM800. From manufacturing and logistic point of view this is a nightmare. Books have defects due to size, some prints have completely been returned (like the Parillo and the Inhyuk Lee), sellers lose track and send the wrong books, etc. etc.  

The link at the end of page 1 names a Mayhew A and B cover, but I haven't seen the B-cover in the wild. Can anyone confirm it is there?

So far I have counted 'only' 7 variants for ASM801. And then the nightmare begins all over again for ASM802/1, this team even with a 1:2000 variant.

Edited by Dutch74

2 minutes ago, Dutch74 said:

So far I am counting 55 covers of ASM800

The link at the end of page 1 names a Mayhew A and B cover, but I haven't seen the B-cover in the wild. Can anyone confirm it is there?

was one a virgin cover?