• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

No, I'm just trying to stick to facts.

You see a law suit and have already convicted them as guilty.

NO, as I have previously explained, Metro which has been in Business a lot longer than Voldy and its owners have a much larger track record and have a lot to lose in lawsuit, much more than Voldy. They are not gonna sue for no reason, they are tough NY business persons who are not gonna get pushed around or left out. When they shout "fraud" you had better take notice. They have much more credibility here given the nature and reading of the complaint and vast business dealings with comic book fandom in general.. I am sure there are two sides to every story., so I ask you this..if you were a betting man...who do think is gonna win. Two of the sharpest comic book dealers who are vastly successful over a very long period of time and are in general very sharp business owners or a company than ran away from Fla...to get folded into Becketts as you put it because of bad luck or what ever excuse you can come up with. This is not a question of who is gonna win, its a question of how much Metro is going get...you have go to get realistic  on this one , Metro does not throw away money for nothing. FYI "guilty"  is in a criminal case, this is a civil where the standard of proof is not beyond a reasonable doubt.

Edited by Mmehdy

2 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

NO, as I have previously explained, Metro which has been in Business a lot longer than Voldy and its owners have a much larger track record and have a lot to lose in lawsuit, much more than Voldy. They are not gonna sue for no reason, they are tough NY business persons who are not gonna get pushed around or left out. When they shout "fraud" you had better take notice. They have much more credibility here given the nature and reading of the complaint and vast business dealings with comic book fandom in general.. I am sure there are two sides to every story., so I ask you this..if you were a betting man...who do think is gonna win. Two of the sharpest comic book dealers who are vastly successful over a very long period of time and are in general very sharp business owners or a company than ran away from Fla...to get folded into Becketts as you put it because of bad luck or what ever excuse you can come up with. This is not a question of who is gonna win, its a question of how much Metro is going get...you have go to get realistic  on this one , Metro does not throw away money for nothing. FYI "guilty"  is in a criminal case, this is a civil where the standard of proof is not beyond a reasonable doubt.

Betting man. doh!

You're a lawyer.  You do understand how the law works, don't you? lol

Like you, I don't know ANY of the details of the suit so it's completely pointless to speculate about outcome. You may as well throw darts in a windstorm.

5 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Betting man. doh!

You're a lawyer.  You do understand how the law works, don't you? lol

Like you, I don't know ANY of the details of the suit so it's completely pointless to speculate about outcome. You may as well throw darts in a windstorm.

I agree anything can happen, But 99% people here would bet on Metro winning a settlement at least.

33 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

NO, as I have previously explained, Metro which has been in Business a lot longer than Voldy and its owners have a much larger track record 

Beckett has been in business for over 35 years.

2 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I agree anything can happen, But 99% people here would bet on Metro winning a settlement at least.

Hmm - how did you come up with 99%? Please speak for yourself and not others

2 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Not in the comic book Biz...I will take Meto on the experience side 

At issue are a contract and a merger.  The legal aspects are hardly specific to comic book services, and there are no 'comic book courts' to deal with such complaints.

As for the case itself, perhaps we can make prognostications as to the outcome when details of the complaint become public, should the case ever reach that stage.

Edited by namisgr

5 hours ago, Mmehdy said:
6 hours ago, Poka said:

Hmm - how did you come up with 99%? Please speak for yourself and not others

you must be the 1%...

Mitch, you're doing exactly the same thing that Jaydogrules is doing. You are using a combination of speculation, sensationalism and  catch phrases to try and prove you and some sort of factual point to make.

You don't. The only people that know what's involved here are those that are directly involved with both the merger and the lawsuit.

I would think that having legal experience you'd by the first to stick to the facts of the case and also support that belief that people are 'innocent until proven guilty'.

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:
10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

No, I'm just trying to stick to facts.

You see a law suit and have already convicted them as guilty.

Is this dude really a lawyer?

Yep.

11 hours ago, VintageComics said:

You what surprises me? That you're a lawyer considering your comprehension, spelling, grammar and logic are so bad. lol

Spend enough time around lawyers and this wouldn't surprise you at all. :cool:

10 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with your false claims of bankruptcy, and creating a company solely for the reason of later selling it to CGC. Which one of your comments do you actually BELIEVE?

46 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

???

I understand posting personal info if the person is cheating the group or you want to warn others about criminal activities but bringing arguments to our personal lives is over the top in my opinion.  It got taken down so no harm no foul.

Edited by 1Cool