• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2018 at 11:49 AM, Mmehdy said:

I don't know how many times I need to explain to you. Guilty is a finding in a criminal case, it has nothing to do with a civil case.  There is, again no "beyond the reasonable doubt theory. Metro does not have to provide to that  standard to win the lawsuit. Nobody is guilty of any crime, this is a business dispute. There is no speculation, the lawsuit has been filed, please read it...twice if you have the time. I cannot believe your disrespect for Metro. If you look at the compliant, they assert that Voldy moved to texas, Voldy announced itself they moved to texas, there are a lot facts that cannot be disputed or defended here. Metro claims to have be wronged and has gone to civil court to ask for justice. The odds of Metro making this stuff up are very low given their historical standing and current comic book market standing in this community. That is my OPINION, not a fact.

You've never explained it. lol

But you've also made up nearly everything you've typed out of thin air.

So, I get it: I'm not a lawyer and you are.

That should make your points more clear and more sound, but it doesn't. Quite the opposite.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:34 PM, namisgr said:
On 5/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, Jaydogrules said:

You obviously have bought more Voldy slabs than prudence or common sense should have dictated.  Sorry to hear that.  But a duck is still a duck.  

-J.

I don't own a single one.  And so began in this thread your long litany of fallacies couched as facts and outright defamations that you now attempt to characterize as 'honest debate'.

It's amazing that he complains about personal attacks but then has no problem dishing them out.

Whenever someone disagrees with him he replies with the "I'm sorry you own Voldy stock" which is basically just code for "you're disingenuous and a kissing butt"

Jaydogrules might be one of the most disingenuous and intellectually dishonest debaters I've ever seen.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:35 PM, Foley said:
On 5/24/2018 at 2:26 PM, Jaydogrules said:

If you have additional "facts" to share, post it a long with supporting documentation

lollollollollol Are you actually serious? That's beyond laughable coming from you.

Like the invoice that shows the print run of your favorite variant? How about documentation of Voldy going bankrupt? You literally never have supporting documentation for your arguments.

It's worth noting that since the chat forums have moved over to the new software, I have thought that "Liking" a post was a waste of time and effort. I don't think I've ever liked a single post on this chat forum. Until now.

It was worth it.

Seems to me that if Metro had a contract stating the deal they made with Voldy for x$ per book for x# of books, the end result will be a settlement of some more graded books, or cash.  Beckett will be forced to honor such a deal, if validly recorded (harder if it was just a handshake with SB early on).  And if the previous owner took steps to evade the existing deal, he may be liable, either directly or forced to pay it out of his deal with Becket.

all the rest is the usual Internet blather based on guesses and opinions

like this post.

17 hours ago, Logan510 said:
18 hours ago, greggy said:

^^

I thought you were Korean....I learn something new every day.

He's trans-racial.

9 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

There's a Trans-Siberian Orchestra joke someplace in here. 

There might be a bathroom in North Carolina joke in there too :fear:

By the way...the difference in value...if any...between Voldy slabs and identical CGC slabs is almost certainly never going to go away. PCGS, founded in 1986, and NGC, in 1987 (CGC's "sister" company), sell for different prices, especially in the nosebleed grades, because of the market perception...for over 30 years now...that PCGS is just a LITTLE tighter than NGC. 

So, an MS70 PCGS slab is going to sell, on average, for more than an NGC MS70 slab. Both, of course, will sell for substantially more than any other company.

So why do people still sub to NGC, with that difference? Because of the perception that a coin will get an MS70 at NGC, whereas at PCGS, it gets an MS69. The difference between MS70 at both companies can be significant...but the difference between a 69 at one and a 70 at the other is often greater. So, people sub to NGC on the chance that they get a 70, where at PCGS, they might only get a 69...or 68+.

So, for Voldy to compete, they have to offer something that offsets that difference...maybe a little looser grading, maybe substantially better service or cheaper cost....something. 

If, as SOT mentioned, the difference between a Voldy and CGC 9.8 bronze key is an astonishing 61%...that's not even remotely sustainable. Self-interest....or, really, self-preservation at that point...has to kick in. And we wish we had 9.7s to work with.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

After reading this thread I think I have been able to piece together the factual story

Voldamort was spawned from a secret project started in Area 51 with a stated purpose of destroying democracy by shifting grading standards. This was discovered by the luminary which subsequently were able to seize control and move it under their shell company, Beckett’s where they could maintain control while trying to restore grading standards. 

Edited by batman_fan

50 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

After reading this thread I think I have been able to piece together the factual story

Voldamort was spawned from a secret project started in Area 51 with a stated purpose of destroying democracy by shifting grading standards. This was discovered by the luminary which subsequently were able to seize control and move it under their shell company, Beckett’s where they could maintain control while trying to restore grading standards. 

After reading this thread I see why this emoji was created....:tonofbricks: And this one::slapfight: and last but not least   :pullhair::facepalm:  Need a brain hurts one.

Edited by paul747

35 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Voldamort was spawned from a secret project started in Area 51 with a stated purpose of destroying democracy by shifting grading standards

And here I always thought it was spawned in a parking lot in Fresno, California after a Grateful Dead concert.

Thanks for clarifying!

(thumbsu

5 hours ago, Aman619 said:

Seems to me that if Metro had a contract stating the deal they made with Voldy for x$ per book for x# of books, the end result will be a settlement of some more graded books, or cash.  Beckett will be forced to honor such a deal, if validly recorded (harder if it was just a handshake with SB early on).  And if the previous owner took steps to evade the existing deal, he may be liable, either directly or forced to pay it out of his deal with Becket.

all the rest is the usual Internet blather based on guesses and opinions

like this post.

...... I would imagine, from a purely speculative point of course, that the flashpoint of the disagreement lies more in the arena of "bad timing" for the move to Texas than anything..... and an imposition placed on Metro's ability to honor promises and commitments to their consignors on schedule. I doubt the money itself is at the root of it..... Metro has a Kleenex box in their bathroom filled with more than 15K for clients to wipe their rear ends with ..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

5 hours ago, DanCooper said:

And here I always thought it was spawned in a parking lot in Fresno, California after a Grateful Dead concert.

Thanks for clarifying!

(thumbsu

I got to be honest with you, that one made me laugh out loud, literally.  I like your explanation better than mine.