• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. Joe: SNAKE EYES (2020)
2 2

144 posts in this topic

The reviews on this are creeping in at a weirdly slow rate.  RT still only has 65 of them, and the scoring is fluctuating so wildly I have no idea where it will end up.  Yesterday morning it was 31%, last night it was 58%, and right now it's 42%.  :insane:  Metacritic only has 10 reviews.

Why the heck would reviews be coming in so slowly for this film?  Some sort of post-pandemic reviewer slowness?  Before Covid reviewers were ready with their reviews on an embargo lift date en masse, but that doesn't seem to be the case for this film.  The reviews on "Old" are coming in similarly slowly, so it may be a problem across the board.

Either way this film is looking to have at best mixed reviews, but once they're all in it could be a stinker like the last two GI Joe films.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:32 PM, Bosco685 said:

I don't care for Grace Randolph. But she comes across as rational in this review.

I don't know if it is her voice or her inflection when she talks but to me it is like finger nails on a chalk board and I just cannot spend more than 30 seconds listening to her.

As an action-movie..it’s ok, not great. I really wanted this to be awesome but after seeing the trailers I adjusted my expectations and am glad that I did.  I’m surprised this got Larry Hama’s endorsement. This winter he had a post on FB going on about how writers have a responsibility to characters they didn’t create and to be true to them. Well, I won’t spoil anything but they really changed a character in this one. By a lot. Speaking of Hama, he did get a little cameo but it was actually kind of lame. 

There’s also a credits scene but it’s very early on in the credits. And they also showed the most important part of that scene in the trailers doh!

Two out of Five Shurikens. 

On 7/24/2021 at 9:31 AM, Bosco685 said:

:whatthe: :(

WHY??!! This was too easy to win fans back over with a solid solo story about one of the most popular characters.

:frustrated:

Because I honestly believe the studios executives think that if you just slap a "nostalgia" name on a movie you can print money.