• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you sell a $2500 comic to someone that has 2 feedbacks?
1 1

37 posts in this topic

I need your wisdom.  I received an offer on EBay for $2500 for the first appearance of SpiderGwen Land Variant.  I would love to sell it, but the user has a total of 2 transactions on eBay.  I looked up the user name and it came back on Instagram as a young girl in Europe.  Do you think it’s appropriate to reach out to her via Instagram? Would you accept the offer of $2500?

1 hour ago, Eugeneebay said:

I need your wisdom.  I received an offer on EBay for $2500 for the first appearance of SpiderGwen Land Variant.  I would love to sell it, but the user has a total of 2 transactions on eBay.  I looked up the user name and it came back on Instagram as a young girl in Europe.  Do you think it’s appropriate to reach out to her via Instagram? Would you accept the offer of $2500?

In an EU minute. :sumo:

1 hour ago, Tnexus said:

$2,500?! Is it remarked or something? I thought the going rate is like $1,400 right now. Seems fishy to me, but if you do, record every detail.

Good point. 90 day is $1,300. There have been 7 sales this year. Highest recorded was last year at $2,400.

But, that was the only blue label. The prices above are blue label. The only options now are SS in the $3k range.

Congrats on the sale and new high! Hope everything works out.

use the ebay global shipping.  and paypal.  its not your problem after that.

4 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Definitely if she pays with PayPal and you use eBay s global shipping. 

and yes as someone else said, might as well record every detail.  video yourself wrapping it all up and dropping at the PO, preferably all in one cut.

56 minutes ago, Lonzilla said:

I only sell to US bidders. Good luck trying to track a book to Europe or Canada and prove that they actually got it

I don't see how it's any different to proving it in the US. It's not like these other countries (first world, at least) don't have their own systems that are sufficient for PayPal, etc. I also don't believe they've got any more scammed than the US. I've been scammed by more Americans than any other country, but I haven't blocked it off my list. I'm just cautious. 

18 hours ago, Eugeneebay said:

Do you think it’s appropriate to reach out to her via Instagram?

My personal opinion to this part is no, I don't think it would be appropriate. As to selling the book, I'm not sure to be honest, but if I did, I would keep all communication on eBay in case there was a dispute later.

Edited by Foley

7 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I don't see how it's any different to proving it in the US. It's not like these other countries (first world, at least) don't have their own systems that are sufficient for PayPal, etc. I also don't believe they've got any more scammed than the US. I've been scammed by more Americans than any other country, but I haven't blocked it off my list. I'm just cautious. 

Because you lose tracking ability from your computer once it's out of the US.

19 minutes ago, Eugeneebay said:

Just an update:  the buyer paid immediately.  

U.S. address.  

I didn’t contact via Instagram, and the PayPal and eBay name and address was to someone else anyway.  

I’m mailing out today via express and insurance 

???

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, Eugeneebay said:

I looked up the user name and it came back on Instagram as a young girl in Europe.  Do you think it’s appropriate to reach out to her via Instagram? Would you accept the offer of $2500?

This reminds me of college.  Good timeslol.

58 minutes ago, Eugeneebay said:

Just an update:  the buyer paid immediately.  

U.S. address.  

I didn’t contact via Instagram, and the PayPal and eBay name and address was to someone else anyway.  

I’m mailing out today via express and insurance 

get a Signature Confirmation too (thumbsu

On 5/17/2018 at 9:24 AM, Eugeneebay said:

From personal experience I would say no. It looks like you were able to get it sold and paid for, which is good. I had a situation where I sold an item for about $350. Buyer was communicating well initially to purchase the item and as soon as it was delivered, they opened a case with the reason being "item not as described or pictured", which was not true. I tried to reach out to the buyer to see what was going on and he would not respond to me and then proceeded to escalate it. Long story short, ebay sided with him, granted the return, even though there was no real issue and the buyer returned a box with about 20 sheets of printer paper. He purchased and received a pair of shoes. As soon as ebay saw that his return was delivered through tracking, they issued him a refund. Ever since I refuse to sell on ebay. There was no investigation or anything on their part. They will almost always side with the buyer. I don't say this to scare you but to give some perspective on why some people may have said no to selling such a high price item to a buyer with little to no feedback. A week later that user name was ditched and he probably created another to continue scamming people