• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Burntboy Collection

149 posts in this topic

Nice books, Harry. Right off the top, you never see B&B 53 and Aquaman 5 for sale in any grade approaching your copies`. I will really enjoy seeing the rest come up.

Which 2 sold? The sold books are not showing on the site?

I was also wondering which two sold. Just want to see if it's the one I'm waiting for 27_laughing.gif

the Bats 146 in 8.0 $150 and the B&B 53 in 9.2 $450 both sold immediately. not sure why they're not listed anywhere - will check that out............

I am impatiently waiting for a few to get listed. Hopefully I can get a shot a grabbing one from the Burntboy collection. I really like the story behind the collection and the historic feel it has. Also, having the original owner a poster on these boards makes you feel more in touch with the original owner.

Good luck with all the books!

I am impatiently waiting for a few to get listed. Hopefully I can get a shot a grabbing one from the Burntboy collection. I really like the story behind the collection and the historic feel it has. Also, having the original owner a poster on these boards makes you feel more in touch with the original owner.

Good luck with all the books!

thanks dude..............

the first two books were gobbled up immediately and then we're into the "offering" stage on another 5 ..................

oh well - that's the way it goes................... tongue.gif

You just had to put up a 8.0 copy of Showcase #43! frustrated.gif

I have always loved that cover (and movie). I was going to satisfy myself with a mid-grade copy. But now I'm torn.

It is a very sharp 8.0. laugh.gif

BTW - Dr. No is on Spike right now. yay.gif

I actually just forwarded that listing to a friend that collects comics some, but is really a big James Bond fan. Don't know if he will snap it up or not, but I am sure he will be excited to see it.

I'm torn. TORN, I tell ya.

anxiety_animated.gif

the first two books were gobbled up immediately and then we're into the "offering" stage on another 5 ..................

Harry, how come the listings of the 2 sold books have been removed so quickly? I have to say I`m not sure I agree with Doug`s approach of putting books up in seemingly random order. I think putting up runs by title would make a lot more sense.

I agree, and listing them at no particular time other than "each night" makes it hard for everyone to have a fair shake at them. I think it would be best to post them during a time of the day when the majority of North America is awake (let's face it, this is probably 80% or higher of the potential customer base), but still catch as many other parts of the world as possible at the beginning or end of their day.

I'm interested in possibly picking up one of the lower grade Wonder Woman books as a gift for my wife, but it kinda feels like I have to keep checking Doug's site constantly for hours on end every evening if I want to catch them as they are released.

Harry, how come the listings of the 2 sold books have been removed so quickly? I have to say I`m not sure I agree with Doug`s approach of putting books up in seemingly random order. I think putting up runs by title would make a lot more sense.

perhaps - but i kinda like the random approach. this way everyone won't just "tune out" when Aquaman comes up................ grin.gif

and i'm not sure what happened to the 2 books. when my very first books sold they were up there as pended sales forever.............. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Harry, how come the listings of the 2 sold books have been removed so quickly?
and i'm not sure what happened to the 2 books. when my very first books sold they were up there as pended sales forever.............. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My first consignment that sold a few weeks ago was removed the same day also. Not sure why some sold books remain on the site and some don't. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree, and listing them at no particular time other than "each night" makes it hard for everyone to have a fair shake at them. I think it would be best to post them during a time of the day when the majority of North America is awake (let's face it, this is probably 80% or higher of the potential customer base), but still catch as many other parts of the world as possible at the beginning or end of their day.

Agreed. I think doug shoud present them at a standardized time if the auctions are going to be hyped in this manner. My wife already thinks I'm a nutter, it doesn't help matters when I'm spending an extra hour or two in front of the PC "waiting for a comics auction to start." Ya know?