• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Everett thread
9 9

518 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’ve been wanting to upgrade this one for awhile (my favorite Everett cover) but given its rarity, I might have to just be grateful for the copy I have.  Jack Kirby does the interior art.  I’m not sure if this is Golden Age or Silver.  Any thoughts?

Yellow Claw #3.jpg

nice one. Released Oct, 1956 so it's Silver in my book. Actually, I usually classify any book with the CCA approval code (January 1955 onward) as "silver" 

28 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Strange Tales 8. 

image.jpg

A beauty!

On 6/2/2020 at 4:50 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’ve been wanting to upgrade this one for awhile (my favorite Everett cover) but given its rarity, I might have to just be grateful for the copy I have.  Jack Kirby does the interior art.  I’m not sure if this is Golden Age or Silver.  Any thoughts?

Yellow Claw #3.jpg

Those CCA Atlas books published before the implosion are a bit orphaned era wise. I think they are more of interest to GA collectors than SA collectors, but are chronologically "Silver Age" books in the broadest terms. Yellow Claw  is definitely a Silver Age character, but is generally not a hot commodity with Marvel Age collectors, and gets lumped in with other 1950s Atlas continuing characters like Venus and Marvel Boy when fans think of what era he belongs to. I think if Kirby had done all four issues, including covers, it would be considered a Marvel Age title, as it would look more like one.