• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss Ian Levine...

121 posts in this topic

You'll find it, dammit. Don't be so down. Did you really think the last book was going to be easy?

I'm not down, I've kind of just given up.

I was so driven for a few years, and now with such long term inactivity, other things like Doctor Who have occupied my time, and the enthusiasm for completing my collection has dulled due to the lethargic stalemate I found myself in.

Vincent sent me a message in February 2004 that I would soon be on his Comic Zone when my collection was complete - and I'm no nearer, and like I said, the excitement has just simply dulled. If I find one tomorrow, it wouldn't be nearly as exciting than if I'd found one a year ago.

For the record, here is the thread where I first informed you of the New Adventure #26. It was right after the WonderCon forum dinner this year. It was that same night that I first mentioned it to you in fact, because that was when I found out that he might have it. I didn't actually confirm that he had one until later.

That's February 20th. I could have sworn you'd told me prior to that occasion that you were on the track of one.

But even so, even if I'm wrong, it's still over four months ago.

I'm seriously grateful to you for your help, just jaded at the same time from the eternity it's taken since you mentioned it. But still grateful.

Hey Ian welcome back - I happen to know all the parties involved in this little scenerio and have seen the book. The only thing I can express is this. The current owner is a class act all the way and a really nice guy. He also happens to be a COMIC COLLECTOR in a very true sense of the word. Maybe you will be able to come to an agreement and maybe you won't - but I can assure you that the mitigating factors will not be Greed, or any personal agendas, as I assume to be the case with the DTA situation.

He's got a comic book you want, if you have a comic(s) he wants you may strike a deal.

Nice to have you back Ian

Are there only 4 copies in existence of NA 26 then?

Did the ad in CBG yield any other books? Have you got Supergear yet?

Be intersting to see your list of outstanding books

cheers

For the record, here is the thread where I first informed you of the New Adventure #26. It was right after the WonderCon forum dinner this year. It was that same night that I first mentioned it to you in fact, because that was when I found out that he might have it. I didn't actually confirm that he had one until later.

That's February 20th. I could have sworn you'd told me prior to that occasion that you were on the track of one.

But even so, even if I'm wrong, it's still over four months ago.

I'm seriously grateful to you for your help, just jaded at the same time from the eternity it's taken since you mentioned it. But still grateful.

Hey Ian welcome back - I happen to know all the parties involved in this little scenerio and have seen the book. The only thing I can express is this. The current owner is a class act all the way and a really nice guy. He also happens to be a COMIC COLLECTOR in a very true sense of the word. Maybe you will be able to come to an agreement and maybe you won't - but I can assure you that the mitigating factors will not be Greed, or any personal agendas, as I assume to be the case with the DTA situation.

He's got a comic book you want, if you have a comic(s) he wants you may strike a deal.

Well if the owner of that book and DTA reads these boards that may never happen due to the conitnued bad mouthing Ian continues to dish out to this day. I think you overreacted Ian and perhaps if you stayed on this guy for 4-6 months he would eventually realize that you were his only option and would have lowered the price. Let's face it no one is going to shell out $15,000 for that issue so maybe its time to extend the olive branch again and apologize for the previous outbursts. What do you have to lose?

I think you overreacted Ian and perhaps if you stayed on this guy for 4-6 months he would eventually realize that you were his only option and would have lowered the price. Let's face it no one is going to shell out $15,000 for that issue so maybe its time to extend the olive branch again and apologize for the previous outbursts. What do you have to lose?

It's a year and a half since I was offered it for fifteen thousand.

Then they "generously" dropped the price to fourteen thousand. I still said no.

No change eighteen months later.

cheers

I never got Supergear.

There are still a handful of giveaways I need, but I did finally get the Warlord mini-comic that wasn't supposed to exist.

cheers

I never got Supergear.

There are still a handful of giveaways I need, but I did finally get the Warlord mini-comic that wasn't supposed to exist.

See, there you go. Chin up, old bean (is that the proper British expression 893scratchchin-thumb.gif). You'll get your last book - you got a book that wasn't supposed to exist.

See, there you go. Chin up, old bean (is that the proper British expression 893scratchchin-thumb.gif). You'll get your last book - you got a book that wasn't supposed to exist.

That's different.

The premiums, giveaways, mini-comics, previews, uncorrected proofs, and custom-comics, aren't a part of the whole DC set. They're a sort of separate entity, with so many obscure ones that no-one could ever know them all, unlike the finite set of DC comics which were sold in the shops, of which I'm only missing that one.

Metarog still keeps turning up giveaways I've never heard of, and Overstreet doesn't even list a quarter of the DC ones that I possess copies of.

Only last week Metarog found a 1970s SuperPowers giveaway comic that came with some obscure toy that I'd never heard of in my life.

I wonder if it would be possible to track and compile a list by contacting DC? There must be some record of the licensing agreement to produce a comic item represnting their properties with these toys, or promotions???

I wonder if it would be possible to track and compile a list by contacting DC? There must be some record of the licensing agreement to produce a comic item represnting their properties with these toys, or promotions???

I've got a friend there who occasionally frequents these boards.

There is no such list, and I have found loads that they didn't realise existed, including my recent acquisition of the withdrawn Warlord mini-comic.

So Ian, how is your Doctor Who lost episode search going? Are you posting any updates on the OG forum?

A certain BBC employee who was supposed to be sending the letters out, has been so busy he hasn't still gotten round to it, to my chagrin and sheer frustration.

So Ian, how is your Doctor Who lost episode search going? Are you posting any updates on the OG forum?

A certain BBC employee who was supposed to be sending the letters out, has been so busy he hasn't still gotten round to it, to my chagrin and sheer frustration.

sorry.gif

Ian, i was wondering if you have contacted DC about possibly releasing a book on your collection? With pictures, articles, lists, etc. From your own point of view imagine having your own DC comic ... about you!

I wanted to do a series of twelve trade paperbacks, like the Gerber journals, picturing the covers of all thirty two thousand covers to every DC comic, but Paul Levitz squashed the idea.