• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss Ian Levine...

121 posts in this topic

I saw a Dr. Who special on CBC the other night, and thought "Gee, I wonder how Ian is doing with his collection of everything DC? Did he find that last elusive comic?"

confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, I guess I'd like to see Ian back as well. We haven't heard from him since the Master/Doctor confrontation he had with Arnold regarding some books being left out from the OS guide.

Did he find that last elusive comic? confused-smiley-013.gif

We would have heard all about it if he had.

ZERO to Go!

laugh.gif

I've talked with Ian online from time to time in the last couple months. He's been quite active on the main Doctor Who message boardsat Outpost Gallifrey, as we all have during the run of the first new series. But now that the show will be going away until Christmas, maybe he'll be back here again. Time will tell.

I've talked with Ian online from time to time in the last couple months. He's been quite active on the main Doctor Who message boardsat Outpost Gallifrey, as we all have during the run of the first new series. But now that the show will be going away until Christmas, maybe he'll be back here again. Time will tell.

What did you think of the last set of episodes? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I know that Ian did find the very elusive Warlord Remco comic and he will be sending me a scan of it once it gets to him. I will then post it up for all to see. As far as I know the only scans of this comic is through the action figure blister pack.

For the most part, absolutely wonderful, breath-taking stuff. I've been writing episode-by-episode reviews over at Now Playing Magazine (www.nowplayingmag.com). If you go to "Doctor Who Reviewed" on my cinejunkie page (www.cinejunkie.com), I have direct links to all the reviews, but they're massively spoiler-heavy. My review of the Series 1 finale will go up this Wednesday.

So Arnold, do you know when the DVD(s) will be released in the U.S.? I can't believe that they'll broadcast shows like "Who Wants to Marry a Midget", but won't buy the rights to Doctor Who. foreheadslap.gif

For the most part, absolutely wonderful, breath-taking stuff. I've been writing episode-by-episode reviews over at Now Playing Magazine (www.nowplayingmag.com). If you go to "Doctor Who Reviewed" on my cinejunkie page (www.cinejunkie.com), I have direct links to all the reviews, but they're massively spoiler-heavy. My review of the Series 1 finale will go up this Wednesday.

I'll be glad to read it...I've been wondering whether there's a precedent in past episodes for what happened between Rose and the TARDIS. Seemed a tad convienent...

Jim

Did they increase the special effects budgets to more than five euros an episode yet?

having watched no more than a dozen episodes on TV here,I'd say I love the concept,hate the execution.

Ian Who?

Did they increase the special effects budgets to more than five euros an episode yet?

Yep...the SFX have improved. Not BSG quality but much better than any Who in the past. Like night and day in my opinion...

The new, now old, Who is by far the best thing about the series. He does an absolutely wonderful job...

Jim

having watched no more than a dozen episodes on TV here,I'd say I love the concept,hate the execution.

Ian Who?

Doctor Who is definitely an acquired taste. It's really hard to explain.

Ian Who?

Doctor Who is definitely an acquired taste. It's really hard to explain.

I haven't acquired it.

Did they bring back Peri?

who-peri.jpg

Did they bring back Peri?

who-peri.jpg

Wouldn't mind if they do, considering 20 years after the picture above she now looks like this

Peri5.jpg

but then again, the new "assistant" Rose does the job as well....

star.jpghail.gif

yikes, that Peri's got more lighting on her face than the stage at a Van Halen concert...but Rose is okay, in a "biting-my-finger-makes-me-more-sexy" kinda way

yikes, that Peri's got more lighting on her face than the stage at a Van Halen concert...but Rose is okay, in a "biting-my-finger-makes-me-more-sexy" kinda way

would it be more sexy if she was biting someone else's finger ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rose is very very nice indeed. smile.gif

There are currently no plans for a Region 1 release of the new series DVDs, but since anyone here can get a multi-region NTSC/PAL DVD player at Wal-Mart for like $40 bucks, the Region 2 releases are just fine. Of course if money is a real issue you might have to wait a bit.

There are currently no plans for a Region 1 release of the new series DVDs, but since anyone here can get a multi-region NTSC/PAL DVD player at Wal-Mart for like $40 bucks, the Region 2 releases are just fine. Of course if money is a real issue you might have to wait a bit.

So when will all 13 episodes come out on DVD in the U.K? I'd easily spend that money and more to watch these episodes.

gossip.gif

Almost every DVD player will play any region. You just have to know how to unlock it (go Google it). I have a Samsung DVD player but I have to use a remote for a Sanyo tuner/receiver, hit the function button 3 times and the clock button once. Then it will open up the DVD tray and play any DVD I stick in it. Kinda cool in a geeky sort of way.