• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss Ian Levine...

121 posts in this topic

Ian, i was wondering if you have contacted DC about possibly releasing a book on your collection? With pictures, articles, lists, etc. From your own point of view imagine having your own DC comic ... about you!

I wanted to do a series of twelve trade paperbacks, like the Gerber journals, picturing the covers of all thirty two thousand covers to every DC comic, but Paul Levitz squashed the idea.

That's a real shame. Hopefully though you'll put something together one day. Would be a pleasure to read about your exploits in collecting every single DC comic. Best of luck.

Ian, i was wondering if you have contacted DC about possibly releasing a book on your collection? With pictures, articles, lists, etc. From your own point of view imagine having your own DC comic ... about you!

I wanted to do a series of twelve trade paperbacks, like the Gerber journals, picturing the covers of all thirty two thousand covers to every DC comic, but Paul Levitz squashed the idea.

That's a real shame. Hopefully though you'll put something together one day. Would be a pleasure to read about your exploits in collecting every single DC comic. Best of luck.

You'll find a detailed account of the last 200 - 300 comics in his quest using the Search function on these boards...

You'll find a detailed account of the last 200 - 300 comics in his quest using the Search function on these boards...

Yeah i already spent an hour or so reading those threads already tongue.gif

You must read fast. smirk.gif

Whatever you think of Ian, his quest made for interesting (and copious) reading...

Whatever you think of Ian, his quest made for interesting (and copious) reading...

screwy.gif

screwy.gif

I thought you had me on ignore... tongue.gif

screwy.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

screwy.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

So wassup, Gregster???

screwy.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

So wassup, Gregster???

greggy drops an emoticon and the vultures descend... hail.gif

screwy.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

So wassup, Gregster???

Err, what vultures are these??

screwy.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

So wassup, Gregster???

Nuthin' honey makepoint.gif

screwy.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

So wassup, Gregster???

Err...i meant eagles... foreheadslap.gif

Circling the earth in the clear skys, reaching nearly the heavens themselves, these regal birds swoop down to lowly heights, and engage in brazen battles, baited by the thrill of regal battle for emoticon supremacy.... insane.gif

Circling the earth in the clear skys, reaching nearly the heavens themselves, these regal birds swoop down to lowly heights, and engage in brazen battles, baited by the thrill of regal battle for emoticon supremacy.... insane.gif

You used the word "regal" twice there, but otherwise not bad. wink.gif

screwy.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

So wassup, Gregster???

Nuthin' honey makepoint.gif

893whatthe.gif

Got my list together yet? poke2.gif

Exactly. I've been reading the threads for the last two weeks. Most of it happened before I joined the boards.

Very interesting saga (McMurren, ChickenDevil, Metropolis, Double Action, English dealers, etc.). popcorn.gif And lots of interesting info shared that we would have never known about without Ian's presence on these boards.

You used the word "regal" twice there, but otherwise not bad. wink.gif

Yeah, i missed that...i tried writing that on the fly after spending till 7:30 am this morning with two of my daughters and their stomach flu... sorry.gif

Very interesting saga (McMurren, ChickenDevil, Metropolis, Double Action, English dealers, etc.). And lots of interesting info shared that we would have never known about without Ian's presence on these boards.

I'm flattered.