• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss Ian Levine...

121 posts in this topic

We know where two copies are. One of them is the DTA copy that is outrageously priced. The other one is owned by a guy I know who is a true collector and who never sells or trades his books and who wants his identity kept confidential, but might be willing to do a cash/trade deal if he could get some other books he needs along with some cash.

Actually, we know where four copies are, right? The two mentioned above, plus the Church copy owned by RHG and a copy owned by Christine Farrell.

We know where two copies are. One of them is the DTA copy that is outrageously priced. The other one is owned by a guy I know who is a true collector and who never sells or trades his books and who wants his identity kept confidential, but might be willing to do a cash/trade deal if he could get some other books he needs along with some cash.

Actually, we know where four copies are, right? The two mentioned above, plus the Church copy owned by RHG and a copy owned by Christine Farrell.

Yes, but I was talking about copies that are potentially available. RHG's and Christine's copies are not.

Yes, but I was talking about copies that are potentially available. RHG's and Christine's copies are not.

Realistically none of the four are available.

If your pal was gonna cough up his copy, he'd have done so by now. It was last year when you first told me about it.

Realistically none of the four are available.

If your pal was gonna cough up his copy, he'd have done so by now. It was last year when you first told me about it.

Ian, if you want me to stop trying to get the copy for you, just say so. I was trying to help you as a favor, but I am happy to just leave the guy alone and let you find your own copy or overpay DTA for his.

For the record, I met the guy at WonderCon THIS year and didn't even confirm he had the copy until March or April. So it has been a few months, not since "last year."

Ian, if you want me to stop trying to get the copy for you, just say so. I was trying to help you as a favor, but I am happy to just leave the guy alone and let you find your own copy or overpay DTA for his.

For the record, I met the guy at WonderCon THIS year and didn't even confirm he had the copy until March or April. So it has been a few months, not since "last year."

Of course I want you to get it.

I just have to put it out of my mind as it's obviously far from secure.

And it honestly was last year when you told me about it. You heard about it long before you met the guy. I can probably even find the PM.

I am happy to just leave the guy alone and let you find your own copy or overpay DTA for his.

As everyone knows, as a matter of principle, I would NEVER pay DTA's price. I'd rather never complete the collection.

And it honestly was last year when you told me about it. You heard about it long before you met the guy. I can probably even find the PM.

Find it and show me.

Find it and show me.

Ladies, ladies. Lets not get into a pizzing match as to when it was brought up. Ian wants the book. Scott knows the owner of the book. Make it happen!

Find it and show me.

I looked and found I'd deleted most of my messages because they took up too much space.

The earliest one I still have is from February 26th, bu that's part of an ongoing dialogue and clearly not the first one.

It says

I need to contact R%%%%% M%%%%% and get in touch with J%%% to confirm that he has one. As soon as I hear, I'll let you know.

I've semi deleted the names in case you'd prefer I did.

I am happy to just leave the guy alone and let you find your own copy or overpay DTA for his.

As everyone knows, as a matter of principle, I would NEVER pay DTA's price. I'd rather never complete the collection.

With only one book to go I find that hard to believe, sorry. What if another 10 years passes?

Find it and show me.

I looked and found I'd deleted most of my messages because they took up too much space.

The earliest one I still have is from February 26th, bu that's part of an ongoing dialogue and clearly not the first one.

It says

I need to contact R%%%%% M%%%%% and get in touch with J%%% to confirm that he has one. As soon as I hear, I'll let you know.

I've semi deleted the names in case you'd prefer I did.

Yes, I do want you to delete the names because the collector wants to remain anonymous.

For the record, here is the thread where I first informed you of the New Adventure #26. It was right after the WonderCon forum dinner this year. It was that same night that I first mentioned it to you in fact, because that was when I found out that he might have it. I didn't actually confirm that he had one until later.

With only one book to go I find that hard to believe, sorry. What if another 10 years passes?

It probably will.

I refuse to be a victim to a rip-off gouger.

You'll find it, dammit. Don't be so down. When you started posting here (coming up on 2 years), you had around 100 to go. You knocked those out quickly. It got harder for you as the number became smaller, but you still tracked them down.

You know where a few are already (don't get me wrong, I don't think you should pay DTA for his obvious money-grab attempt). Another will surface eventually. Did you really think the last book was going to be easy? flowerred.gif

For the record, here is the thread where I first informed you of the New Adventure #26. It was right after the WonderCon forum dinner this year. It was that same night that I first mentioned it to you in fact, because that was when I found out that he might have it. I didn't actually confirm that he had one until later.

That's February 20th. I could have sworn you'd told me prior to that occasion that you were on the track of one.

But even so, even if I'm wrong, it's still over four months ago.

I'm seriously grateful to you for your help, just jaded at the same time from the eternity it's taken since you mentioned it. But still grateful.

You'll find it, dammit. Don't be so down. When you started posting here (coming up on 2 years), you had around 100 to go.

He needed 258 if memory serves... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And let me tell you it's serving less and less the older I get... frustrated.gif

Jim

You'll find it, dammit. Don't be so down. When you started posting here (coming up on 2 years), you had around 100 to go.

He needed 258 if memory serves... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And let me tell you it's serving less and less the older I get... frustrated.gif

Jim

893whatthe.gif Was it that many!!!??? I knew someone would correct me (I figured it would be Ian grin.gif).